News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SEEED from the UK

Started by LaceSensor, May 10, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

Quote from: rullywowr on May 11, 2014, 03:13:59 PM
I never had a problem with Gerbers though.  What was the issue you had?

I don't recall exactly but one time it had something to do with board outline layer "missing". They had a "technician" take a look at the gerbers only to find out it's there.
Another time (actually on my Sweet Honey smd board) they said that one of the silkscreen layers was "faulty". Another "technician" had to take a look at it and apparently suddenly everything was OK with it.

I never actually resent any gerbers and "fixed" what they originally claimed was wrong with it. From what I can tell, they have an automated process in place where the boards get inspected only if they get stuck somewhere along the way. Yes, I eventually got all my boards but never without an expense of an extra week emailing back and forth to straighten it out. And never did they offer any form of compensation for a snafu that was clearly their fault every single time.
In my book, that's roughly two strikes. Unless ITead and Seeed mess up, those two are my go-to fabs. I don't need quantity, I don't need Osh quality so these two work out just fine as I have all the time in the world but don't need the hassle.

sturgeo

I'm in the UK and have always used iTead without a single issue.

Order to doorstep is usually within 2 weeks except for when it was Chinese New Year.

Also i've always selected the normal "Registered Air Mail" and have never had any customs charges or handling fees.

Vallhagen

Good to read about your experience folks:).

I myself have always (well, it aint THAT many times compared to some of you) had good experience with iTead. So... i just realized i shall not change a winning concept, ill stick to them.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

+1 for Elecrow (on the basis of one order I've received. I've another on the way).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Elecrow has been pretty seamless for me. I tried the DHL shipping for an extra $10 and got my boards in 10 days instead of 21+ days.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

My initial post was short and sweet but yes, i have great experience with them, never had a single issue. Maybe did 6-7 orders with them to date. I mainly order proto and quantity from 50 to 100 from them. They got those free color special on 10qty service or great deals on the small batch service.

I've stopped to use Seeed a little time ago because their lead time and shipping fees to Canada was becoming out of hand.

Still use iTead but only for orders over 300 pieces, they can't be beat yet for those kind of orders.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

LaceSensor

Ok taking on board experience, price, and fucking annoting EIORSR whatever numbers, Ive ordered with elecrow
The postage was reasonable (less than $50) and the all in cost, even with a coloured board, was cheaper.

Lets see how customer service stacks up

LaceSensor

Elecrow verified gerbers and have started fab next day after order. Colour me optimistic!

alanp

Beaut, I've got some sequencer and pedal/synth interface boards on the way from seeed myself :) (mind you, they've been in a state of "Left Country Of Origin" since the 5th and the 10th. The panels have been "picked up" since the 9th.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website