Main Menu

SEEED from the UK

Started by LaceSensor, May 10, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

HI all

Im trying to set up a seeed order of PCBs

Problem is, they want me to input an EORI reference number
now, id never heard of this before today. Anyone else know about it, or have one?
Its something to do with dealing with customs on importing..

any help appreciated, or services that dont require this would be interesting to know about...

thanks

alanp

When I've ordered from seeed in the past, it was just a case of upload a zipfile containing the gerbers and wait for the package in the mail  ??? maybe it's a UK thing.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

muddyfox

selfdestroyer

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 10, 2014, 07:22:07 PM
HI all

Im trying to set up a seeed order of PCBs

Problem is, they want me to input an EORI reference number
now, id never heard of this before today. Anyone else know about it, or have one?
Its something to do with dealing with customs on importing..

any help appreciated, or services that dont require this would be interesting to know about...

thanks

Maybe this will help if you did not find this already.
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD1_028598

twin1965

I've ordered form ITead without any problems. I had to email a zip file with the gerber files. I'm in the UK and wasn't asked for anything else. I think this number is required by businesses importing goods into the EU.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

LaceSensor

Im not officially a company though so Im not sure why it matters.
Ive imported far more expensive stuff than a run of PCBs, it should just be handled by customs in the normal way... grrr

anyway, it seems if I use the EMS service (rather than fedex, DHL etc) which is $30 more, they dont request this number... (!)

grrr even more

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

LaceSensor

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 10, 2014, 08:49:26 PM
www.elecrow.com

Enjoy!

How does this work I can't see how you upload your files??

Thanks

jubal81

You put your gerbers in a .zip and upload it with a button on the order page. It's similar to Seeed.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

LaceSensor

Quote from: jubal81 on May 10, 2014, 11:56:44 PM
You put your gerbers in a .zip and upload it with a button on the order page. It's similar to Seeed.

Ok cool I must've missed that

So people have used these successfully, yeah? What's the turnaround time like?

Vallhagen

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 10, 2014, 08:49:26 PM
www.elecrow.com

Enjoy!

Not heard of them before either. I guess you recommend them as better/cheaper/quicker than iTEAD? Ill check them out too. Thanx for the hint.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

muddyfox

I've tried ITead, Seeed and Elecrow. Apart from free board color, I have nothing good to say about Elecrow.

I've used them three times, two times they had "problems" with my gerbers that turned out to be their fault and one time they wouldn't even accept my gerbers because one of the layers was apparently "faulty", whatever that meant. All three times the gerbers came straight from Diptrace. After a lot of emailing back and forth they admitted the gerbers were completely usable (once a "technician" took a look at them) and the resultant boards worked out just fine.
Even after accepting the gerbers and proceeding to fab, it took a month and a half for the boards to reach me.

ITead and Seeed are completely the same to me, no hassle ordering and I normally have the boards back in three weeks. Four if there's a holiday someplace.

From the number of endorsements it would appear that nobody else had any issues with Elecrow but I refuse to believe it was me. Ultimately they worked out how to use the gerbers so it's probably their rigid fab process rather than me misusing Diptrace gerber export. Especially since I followed Ben's instructions to the letter and he +1'd them.

rullywowr

Quote from: muddyfox on May 11, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

I've tried ITead, Seeed and Elecrow. Apart from free board color, I have nothing good to say about Elecrow.

I've used them three times, two times they had "problems" with my gerbers that turned out to be their fault and one time they wouldn't even accept my gerbers because one of the layers was apparently "faulty", whatever that meant. All three times the gerbers came straight from Diptrace. After a lot of emailing back and forth they admitted the gerbers were completely usable (once a "technician" took a look at them) and the resultant boards worked out just fine.
Even after accepting the gerbers and proceeding to fab, it took a month and a half for the boards to reach me.

ITead and Seeed are completely the same to me, no hassle ordering and I normally have the boards back in three weeks. Four if there's a holiday someplace.

From the number of endorsements it would appear that nobody else had any issues with Elecrow but I refuse to believe it was me. Ultimately they worked out how to use the gerbers so it's probably their rigid fab process rather than me misusing Diptrace gerber export. Especially since I followed Ben's instructions to the letter and he +1'd them.

I've had pretty good luck with Elecrow but not without problems. Shipping is usually quick but the last two times, FedEx had an issue at their center and held my order for almost two weeks!  Elecrow also screwed up one time where they made the boards in the wrong color however they gave me an option of 50% off or wait another two weeks. They may have some issues but they respond quick and make things right.  This goes a long way in my book.

I never had a problem with Gerbers though.  What was the issue you had?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jkokura

I've used all three extensively, and it all comes out in the wash. All three are businesses based in China. They all have communication and translation issues, they all have shipping and interface issues, and they all usually make good on their mistakes.

I've been using Elecrow lately because they're a bit faster and cheaper than Seeed, especially because Seeed stopped their free shipping over a certain order cost.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals