News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Final version of Lovetone Doppelganger clone

Started by LaceSensor, May 10, 2014, 11:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Finally got round to verifying the 2.1d boards
Had the case drilled for months! Just time. I can now order these, as Jacob (JMK) did the gerbers for me ages ago :)
Sounds and functions perfectly, and now the wiring is much neater and the silkscreen is perfect, thanks Jacob.

jubal81

Ridiculously impressive. That's a real feat.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

slimtriggers

lincolnic

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

Leevibe

Guitafuzz

Awesome Build!!  What type of enclosure is that?

wgc

awesome, cool to see someone using the anchor tabs on the pots
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

LaceSensor

Quote from: Guitafuzz on May 13, 2014, 04:19:29 PM
Awesome Build!!  What type of enclosure is that?
1790ns size
its a hammond 1590XX
142 x 120 x 40 mm

soggybag

Which pots and toggle switches did you use? I'm working on one of the boards right now, and I'm wondering about the heights of these since they are board mounted.

m-Kresol

I finished mine late yesterday night (be ready for the build report) and I used 9mm pots (the ones with the hooks on the side to go through the bigger holes in the pcb) and regular switches like these. At first I had some problems with small height differences, but taking the first nut of the switches solved it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

LaceSensor

Quote from: soggybag on August 17, 2014, 07:04:34 AM
Which pots and toggle switches did you use? I'm working on one of the boards right now, and I'm wondering about the heights of these since they are board mounted.

9mm pots by alpha
Tayda/Sci style toggles...