News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sex Drive: OD820

Started by Kinki fuzz, May 08, 2014, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

This is Aion's PCB for the Maxon OD820. Stunning overdrive, often compared to the Klon Centaur, yes it's the same kind of overdrive, to my ears it has a flatter fq response sounds less mids focused than the centaur and respects more the original sound of the rest of the rig. Which is better? Both are great and different enough so you want to have both.

First post with embebed pics, by the way! ;D

wgc

Nice job!  Watch the strip lengths on your switch wires, easy to short them...

I tend to bend the wire around the lug in a "j" hook before soldering, per mil spec. Overkill in a pedal, but usually helps until you have to unsolder one.  ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Kinki fuzz

Thanks dude! My wiring skills need improvement, so your coment is really welcome

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV mediante Tapatalk

aion

Very nice! BTW, if that enclosed jack came from Tayda or Mammoth, I'd avoid them if possible. I've had very bad luck with them. Unfortunately I ordered about 100 of them before I realized this, so now I can only use them for test rigs and prototypes.

Kinki fuzz

This ones are not from tayda, they are not great either but useable at least, I won't be ordering more once they are over. I got a few from tayda some time ago and they were really bad.

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV mediante Tapatalk