News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Volume Control on Line 6 modeling pedal

Started by das234, May 06, 2014, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Anybody added a volume control to a Line 6 modeling pedal?  Specifically, an FM4 with an output above unity that I want to be able to cut back.  I haven't so much as opened one of these things up so I don't know what would be involved.

rullywowr

It should be pretty straight forward.  Get a 100kA or 500kA and wire the pot as follows. 

Break the connection from the output of the board to the jack and install the pot as follows:
Pin 1 = Ground
Pin 2 = from effect output
Pin 3 = To effect output jack

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

das234

rullywowr

Should be pretty easy. You may need to use a smaller pot value depending on where you want the level knob to reside...perhaps 50ka or 25ka.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

RobA

Is there an output of the board to the jack, or are the jacks PCB mounted? I don't have one of these, but the manual says you can select between "true bypass" and a tails like mode and that the bypass routing is done with relays. If that is the case and you put the volume knob on the output of the PCB, wouldn't that be dropping the volume on the bypassed signal as well?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).