News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rangemaster!

Started by Jakes Dad, May 04, 2014, 01:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

This was the first MadBean board I got.  Little sucker kicked my butt and spent almost two years in the Land of Misfit Boxes with a fair amount of company while a lot of more complicated build got done.  When the 3PRR board came out I decided to give him another shot.  I replaced some of the components, socketed the tranny and generally cleaned things up then moved it all into a pre-finished 1590B from Mouser.  Running it through a GrindCustoms Feng (with LED clipping) into my sorry excuse for a Champ clone it is amazing - my wife said it sounds like that Irish guy I always listen to.

Face shot:

Profile shot:

And the guts (I need to work on my drilling layout):

Chuck

Rockhorst

I hope your wife was referring to Rory Gallagher ;D

wgc

Or Gary Moore.  Or Vivian Campbell.  :)

Always great to move a build from box of fail to box of win
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Rockhorst

Yeah, but I don't link those two guitarists to using a treble booster, whereas Rory definitely used one (and told Brian May about it).

Jakes Dad

Rory is the guy I spend most of my "what the f*** did he just do???" listening time with.  Been listening to him for over 30 years and I still can't get more than 5 or 6% of it.

Chuck

davent

For those scratching their heads... and without the customary, original relic Strat...

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Jakes Dad

When that video is done take a listen to the Million Miles Away video that appears bottom middle.  What he does with not much more than his fingers is absolutely amazing.  Just realized that "over 30 years" is more like over 40.  Damn I'm old.

nzCdog

well done!  guts looks very tidy, such a great pedal I love mine :)

wgc

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 04, 2014, 06:32:45 PM
Yeah, but I don't link those two guitarists to using a treble booster, whereas Rory definitely used one (and told Brian May about it).

totally agree, that's my dry sense of humor showing.  All great players but certainly Rory is the guy with the treble booster
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

kaycee

Nice build. Warms my heart to read the regard in which Rory is held.

gordo

Discovered Rory and Robin Trower in the same week back in the 70's.  I've never quite been the same.  Talk about polar opposite Strat guys.  I was lucky enough to meet RG when I was playing a bar in Worchester, MA when he opened for Rush at the Centrum.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?