News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Britannia Rules

Started by Guitarmageddon, May 04, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

I'm a big fan of the ROG projects.
Having built quite a few English Channels, I was very interested in the new Britannia project.
It has a lot of interesting features. Jon Patton did an extensive review, mine is going to be shorter...Build one, it's fantastic!

Etch is a bit flawed, missing some letters from 'Brilliance" and 'Volume", oh well.
It's likely the result insufficient heating of the toner there. (there's all that extra metal beneath it for the screws)

Plenty of room inside, I'll probably retro-fit a second stomp and booster of some sort in there too, just haven't decided which one yet.
I've got a verod Fryer Booster which seems a likely candidate, or maybe a Stratoblaster.

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Very nicely done. Love the FS position. Flawed or not, the etch is cool.

Cody

rullywowr

Etch looks great.  Really clean build and certainly plenty of room for a booster lol. Perhaps a SHO?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Jakes Dad

Very nicely done.  I'm thinking Rangemaster to get a Rory Gallagher vibe going.

Chuck

Leevibe

Slight bummer about the letters but that coin design is a great look for an etch! Nice job man.

midwayfair

Quote from: Jakes Dad on May 04, 2014, 12:51:43 PM

The treble knob basically IS a treble booster -- and Q2/Q3 are essentially a treble booster stage based on the Omega. I think you could actually do a passive switch that cranks the treble knob and it would be quieter than a germanium device and have the same effect, which is boosting a 1K peak while cutting the bass.

Jakes Dad

Quote from: midwayfair on May 04, 2014, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: Jakes Dad on May 04, 2014, 12:51:43 PM

The treble knob basically IS a treble booster -- and Q2/Q3 are essentially a treble booster stage based on the Omega. I think you could actually do a passive switch that cranks the treble knob and it would be quieter than a germanium device and have the same effect, which is boosting a 1K peak while cutting the bass.

Hmmm.  My Britannia board is all populated except the pots and I happen to have a couple GuitarPCB 2 Knob Job boards - mounts on a 3PDT and can be wired for two pots or a pot and a trimmer.  I've used them for preset max gain and fuzz on a couple different pedals.  May have to try one on this build.

Chuck

nzCdog