News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BLMS premium line?

Started by Leevibe, May 02, 2014, 01:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I put in an order from BLMS yesterday and got the usual lightning-quick service and email asking for suggestions on what he should carry. My input was that I would be willing to pay higher prices to get higher quality versions of the toggle switches he carries. In particular, I'm a big fan of the Taiway branded switches that Smallbear carries.

It's always a frustration to me when a supplier has almost everything I want but not quite. In my case, it's short bat, PCB pin toggles. I was so excited when I saw his selection of toggles, but when I ordered some a while back, they just didn't have the look/feel I want. For now, I'm modifying solder-lug taiways and making pins with bus wire.

Here's what's great about Lawrence, and is why I'm in the "not sure about the name but love the guy" crowd. He asks for feedback and then responds immediately! I let him know that I would love to see him carry a premium line of switches and that I would pay full price to be able to get all of my switch needs met under one roof. He got right back to me, thanked me for my input, and told me that he keeps a spreadsheet of suggestions he gets. The more suggestions, the higher up the list.

So, knowing that he pays attention to this community, I'm wondering if anyone else would like to see him carry a "premium" line of toggles to complement those that he's already carrying? Of course, this would mean a huge purchasing commitment on his part, but I bet he would do it if there was enough interest.

jkokura

Then let's all keep suggesting for him to get 16mm right angle PCB pots. 

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Leevibe

Quote from: jkokura on May 02, 2014, 04:27:41 PM
Then let's all keep suggesting for him to get 16mm right angle PCB pots. 

Jacob

I'll vote for it

das234

Sounds good.  I think maybe PRO 3PDT switches too.

Leevibe

Quote from: das234 on May 02, 2014, 06:03:34 PM

I compared one of his 3pdts to the mammoth green and I think his feels as smooth. If it had a smoother top with a more rounded shoulder I would use his stomps in production pedals.

BuGG

I vote for a BLMS T-Shirt, same graphic as the sticker!    ;D

das234

Quote from: Leevibe on May 02, 2014, 06:27:38 PM

I compared one of his 3pdts to the mammoth green and I think his feels as smooth. If it had a smoother top with a more rounded shoulder I would use his stomps in production pedals.

I got an email back from him saying the same thing.  He hasn't gotten any other grade of switch because his are plenty good.  He also said the deep 1590BB was a good idea and he'll look into getting them.

midwayfair

The low profile 3PDTs are quite good. They don't even have epoxy, so you don't have to worry as much about melting them. There's nothing wrong with Lawrence's blue switches, either.

No 3PDT is as good as Alpha 2PDTs, though ...

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: BuGG on May 02, 2014, 07:03:55 PM

+1000.  I would wear it.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

das234

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on May 02, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
Quote from: BuGG on May 02, 2014, 07:03:55 PM

+1000.  I would wear it.

Not me.  I need my wardrobe to maintain an air of decorum.  Speaking of which.. what ever happened to those MB shirts?  THAT I would put in my shirt rotation!  Sorry, wrong thread.

timbo_93631

1590BB Tall, the nice type of LED Bezels with rubber "corks" Mammoth has, 16mm Alpha pots, and Taiway toggles would make his shop perfect for me too.  I love his 1590xx/1790 enclosures.  The last one I got from Mammoth was completely unuseable, really bowed out sides, very brittle/thin alloy. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups