News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Layout for Musical Effects

Started by upthepunxxx, May 01, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

After wet sanding you can go for the bling, Mother's metal polish.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

upthepunxxx

So after the wet sand you use this stuff to make it look all pretty & shiny like that?

http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05106-Billet-Metal-Polish/dp/B000COU7LG

Quote from: davent on June 05, 2014, 07:33:48 PM
After wet sanding you can go for the bling, Mother's metal polish.

dave
Wake up and smell the noise!!

davent

Yup, serves no purpose... unless you're needing a mirror. Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

But if you are going to do something like that make sure you clear over it at some point to preserve it. It will just tarnish over time.

Cody

davent

Yes exactly. I use clear lacquer which prevents the tarnishing and vaporizes upon contact with the hot iron, so totally compatable with soldering. Tried Liquid Tin after the copper polishing but the results looked pretty mediocre.
dave

upthepunxxx

So after you use the polish you spray it with like a clear coat? And you are still able to solder on it? You were saying this whole process is a bit unnecessary and purely cosmetic correct? I'm a bit of an OCD neat freak and the idea of a board staying nice and shinny for longer than normal seems extremely enticing. Maybe its an LA thing  8) I blame my parents for birthing me here!

Quote from: davent on June 05, 2014, 09:28:56 PM
Yes exactly. I use clear lacquer which prevents the tarnishing and vaporizes upon contact with the hot iron, so totally compatable with soldering. Tried Liquid Tin after the copper polishing but the results looked pretty mediocre.
dave
Wake up and smell the noise!!