News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lots of fun with the Audio probe

Started by Gledison, May 01, 2014, 04:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
When i was almost posting about my problem with a mudbunny triangle, i decided to build a Audio Probe (i know i should have done that before :P)
so, i was having no output at all while engaged , bypass working.
so, i was taping the components, and as it was my first time, i was so impressed with the different sound and how much you can learn by using it. now i understand when you guys talk about capacitors that filter this and that... :P   (uhuuuuu)
REally, for me is a Milestone!
and by fulling around with an mp3 song i was able to filter off the vocals  of a song.
BUT, the voodoo part (there is always a voodoo), all the components were ok, or at least, all the signal was coming through as it should (i think :P).
Than, i reconnected again on my testbox, and voila, all working perfectly. I move the cables around and no bad connection....
Weird ah? AH, that was after 3 hours work! just to see that was actually working!
any similiar experiences?
Soon, will be a build report
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

mattlee0037

I think I need to remake mine. It's super low volume and very noisy. Of course it's not heat shrinked or shielded at all.... Oh well I've got a testing rig board to build up anyway!

Gledison

Quote from: mattlee0037 on May 01, 2014, 06:00:43 PM
I think I need to remake mine. It's super low volume and very noisy. Of course it's not heat shrinked or shielded at all.... Oh well I've got a testing rig board to build up anyway!
Check it out the Leevibe's one.
here is the thread!
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=13933.msg136198#msg136198
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

neve1272

i feel the same way. trouble shooting is a lot easier now

getting a little better at building 1 step at a time
Kip