News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What commercial pedals do you like?

Started by Leevibe, May 01, 2014, 03:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

I have sold or am selling nearly all my commercial pedals since I got into DIY.
Some I find hard to part with, because they sound so good: Black Arts Black Forest, Barber LTD SR and Keeley Fuzz Head, although they might eventually go, though I've had the latter two for a very long time.
Same with the Barber Tone Press, which gets a lot of love in this thread, and for good reason, but I let mine go because I have too many compressors, even with a blend knob, and got a good price for mine.
Way Huge Pork Loin will stay because of all the many boost and drive pedals I've built, none are as versatile and hardly any can sound so fat.
The Malekko Vibrato will go once I find a DIY vibrato that is as easy to use: true pitch vibrato with just Speed and Depth controls. Wink wink to you PCB makers.
The Radial Bigshot ABY will go when Brian releases his ABY PCB.
The Mojo Vibe will go if the ROG Tri Vibe I'll build can get these sounds or if I ever build a Harbinger.
I guess this leaves the Tech 21 Roto Choir because no DIY pedal will get these true Leslie sounds at this quality and with this many features.

Edit: Forgot tuner pedals.

m-Kresol

Since I don't play in a band or for any other people then myself and I just do the DIY thing as a (excessive) hobby, I don't really had any commercial pedals. I just have a crappy Ibanez distortion that I got from a friend for 10€ when he got his Marshall amp with a good drive channel and a Behringer Chorus that my brother got me once.
But there is quite a list of things that I fancy:
* EHX cathedral reverb
* EHX memory man (all versions basically)
* Boss DD-20 (I saw that soooo many times with my favorite bands that I want to try this really badly)
* Digitech Jam Man (I just love Loopers. There is some really impressive stuff musicians do with it.. solo artists adding more and more layers like Final fantasy (not a guitarist but still awesome) to get the sound of a whole band or just bands adding a 6th guitar layer to further confuse me at figuring out who's playing what part :D )
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

junkemail86

Korg dt10
Wah  (usually Morley dragon wah II or Dunlop crybaby classic)
Digitech whammy IV
Paul Gilbert airplane flanger

Guitarmageddon

I've used exclusively DIY pedals for several years now.
I've got three boards and crates of home made pedals.
Only two exceptions on my boards, a Turbo Tuner (always) and an EH Super Ego (sometimes.)
I do have a fair collection of various commercial pedals for home and studio use too.

Often I gig not only with DIY effects, but also DIYed guitars and amps.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Clayford

Wow so, yeah I use a lot of commercial pedals and build a shit ton of DIY to give/sell
Commercial pedals:
Polytune2
Rocktron Hex (Front Volume)
Behringer Noise Reducer
Washburn Bad Dog Phaser
Timmy (does this count?)
TC Transition
EB Volume (Rear)
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

HOT TUBES 70

brejna

I like line6 m9. I know that quality ain't like damage control/strymon/eventide but it sure sounds good :)