Main Menu

RESPECT. Good Job, Cusack

Started by midwayfair, April 29, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

icecycle66

Hmmm, it seems as though he may have perfected Hammer Space technology.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

It's awesome...I think. There's no explanation of what the switches do or how the tapping happens. So maybe it's amazing.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

One of the other guitar players in the band has a bunch of Cusack stuff and just loves it.  That's just crazy.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jkokura

Slow clap of approval. Well done Cusack, well done.

Of course, it's so niche it's crazy, but still.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

My guess is that you kick it in the side for tap? The silver button sticking out the bottom side?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

I can only imagine that the guts of that thing would make all of us weep. Super impressive.

raulduke

Impressive stuff (as Cusack usually is).

The Joker would dig that colour scheme too  ;)

dan.schumaker

Quote from: alanp on April 29, 2014, 05:17:45 AM
My guess is that you kick it in the side for tap? The silver button sticking out the bottom side?

So its a kick-tempo instead of a tap-tempo?  That seems cooler...

eldanko

Actually tried one of these at the Amp Expo a year or two ago, IIRC. The little silver nub in the picture is an RCA jack. The pedal is meant to be used with one of his Pedalboard Tamers (bypass looper), which is used for pedal bypass and has the tap switch built in.

I found myself just as impressed with the fact that he fit 5 chicken head knobs on the thing. I can barely fit 2 or 3 on my builds without them knocking into each other...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

culturejam

Quote from: eldanko on April 29, 2014, 01:33:34 PM
Actually tried one of these at the Amp Expo a year or two ago, IIRC. The little silver nub in the picture is an RCA jack. The pedal is meant to be used with one of his Pedalboard Tamers (bypass looper), which is used for pedal bypass and has the tap switch built in.
Ah, so it's not a standalone pedal. That makes sense. And that's not meant to take away from the awesomeness of the concept and execution.

Quote from: eldankoI found myself just as impressed with the fact that he fit 5 chicken head knobs on the thing. I can barely fit 2 or 3 on my builds without them knocking into each other...

Funny, this is what most impressed me as well.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

DutchMF

Quote from: eldanko on April 29, 2014, 01:33:34 PM
I found myself just as impressed with the fact that he fit 5 chicken head knobs on the thing. I can barely fit 2 or 3 on my builds without them knocking into each other...

I don't want to take away any awesomeness from this (because it is freakin' awesome!!!), but the chickenhead knobs do stick their heads out over the edge of the enclosure. Might have used a slightly bigger one with the same footprint. And yes, gutshots would put us all to shame........ Cool stuff!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"