News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Taiwan Blue 3PDT switches

Started by Gledison, April 27, 2014, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
Im not sure if i have always got the same footswitches, but recently buying most of them from Banzai.
So far, no problem at all with the mechanics of it.
The only thing i've noticed is that,  now that i used one of them for my wah pedal,  i can hear an annoying "mechanical" noise when the pedal pushes the switch down. i think that for most pedals where we want just to switch it on and off its not a problem, but, when you are using the wah up and down, i can here the switch noise.
(i believe that playing with a band wouldnt be a problem, but practicing at home is quite annoying).
Anyone noticed that as well?
PS: with the original dunlop 2pdt, i cant hear anything. The switch is very tight. I've changed for other taiwan blues and the ones i have showed the same noise. :(
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Clayford

this is "normal" with a 3pdt for a wah. I've had some grumbles on the Wah's I've upgraded. You might want to rig the dunlop DPDT into a Millenium Bypass to achieve the "perfect" setup. Some vero and a double sticky pad, you'd be all set.
Mark has the layout:
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Gledison

Great Clay!
thanks for this tip, actually for the first time i really understand this millenium bypass. :S
I will play a bit as it is and see if i get used to it, otherwise i will do this change..
thanks mate!

pryde

Thanks for the vero layout Clayford

The Taiwan blues are just no good in Wahs. The more you use it you will find it won't always engage leaving a dead signal that you are scrambling/stomping to turn back on.

I have had better luck with the Alpha 3PDT switches (black ones) but I think the original Dunlop 2PDT with millennium bypass would be the most reliable.

Gledison

Any way of substituting this BS170 for other transistor?
cheers

davent

Quote from: Gledison on April 27, 2014, 04:06:20 PM
cheers

2N7000 , pinout is reverse of the BS170.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Clayford

Quote from: davent on April 27, 2014, 04:19:56 PM
Quote from: Gledison on April 27, 2014, 04:06:20 PM
cheers

2N7000 , pinout is reverse of the BS170.
dave
Yes
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Gledison

Good! But is not on my stock! Just organizing with other folks to get the right ones! Thanks

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.