News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NBCD!

Started by GrindCustoms, April 23, 2014, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

New Br00tzCaster Day!

Finally got the MJW Tele that i had got from CJ several months ago to where i wanted it, a Trve chugging monster. I call it done!

Replaced the stock single coil bridge for a Gotoh Humbucker, i had previously got one from Scott_C but it's the one with fixing screw at each corner... ...and prefered to have one that mounts with the good ol' 4 screw under the saddle.

Then i bought a BKP MiracleMan humbucker from Juansolo, since the coil was cream i got an esquire 3ply cream pickguard from a shop in UK.... ...was the cheapest and seemed to be the best quality i could find on Ebay without having to buy a licensed one.

Took the blank control plate that i drilled for a single volume from GFS with some Schaller strap lock knock off to try out, i'm really impressed by the overall quality of that stuff i got from GFS, first time buying there.

I did the bridge routing yesterday, «free hand» with my Dremel/Router base, no template, same thing for the pickguard since the humbucking bridge is wider than the single one. I kind a went shitty with the pickguard, going to redo that with a real router with bearing and straight edge, just so it's even all the way and corners have the same radius.

Pot is a BKP/CTS 550K and wired to jack with Belden milspec shielded wire.

And mostly! It sounds friggin killer! Axe that i'm going to use to demo the SLO once done!  ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

atreidesheir

freaking BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

JakeFuzz

Excellent looking axe Rej! Love that cherry burst. That bare looking control plate is pretty unique too; bet you could fit some interesting passive stuff in there.

Routing is such a pain. Those little template follower bits are the way to do it. I used to cut plexiglass patterns for my templates back in the day and they always came out nice and clean. I am really looking forward to hearing the SLO gain tones!  8)

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! Really happy of it, been playing it all afternoon, just taking a break right now.

What i really dig from this pickup it's how it cleans up with roll off, did the high bleed cap mod to volume pot (500pf//100K) and i can bring the lead channel of the MarkIV to perfect clean without too much overall headroom drop, quite amazing for me... only other guitar that i have that can do that is the 'TronCaster with 5K at the output.

Totally open to suggestions for adding some passive add ons in there, everything else that i tought of was active and it's big no for me.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/