News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NNWVPD! Phase 100

Started by rullywowr, April 15, 2014, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Just got in a phase 100 which someone tried to wire up an external "jack". Going to see if I can get a tune out of  this trombone

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Govmnt_Lacky

That external "jack" kinda scares me  :o

Bret608

Good luck, I think you'll like it if you can get it working again! My old roommate in New York had one that he hadn't played in years. It just needed a battery and some screws for the bottom plate, if I remember correctly! It was especially fun because I still had my original Bad Stone three-knobber at the time. Cool to be able to compare the OTA to the vactrol-based sounds.

rullywowr

Quote from: Bret608 on April 15, 2014, 04:57:53 PM
Good luck, I think you'll like it if you can get it working again! My old roommate in New York had one that he hadn't played in years. It just needed a battery and some screws for the bottom plate, if I remember correctly! It was especially fun because I still had my original Bad Stone three-knobber at the time. Cool to be able to compare the OTA to the vactrol-based sounds.

Thanks man.  The "external jack" is strange...it's lamp cord which is tied to the 9V battery leads (using wire nuts!) and has a male 2.1mm jack.  I plan on taking that out and putting a proper jack in and adding the battery snap as well.  Since there already is a hole drilled in the enclosure, why not enlarge it slightly to make it right?  The foam on the inside is deteriorating so probably take that all out, clean it up and see where I'm at.  Looks like if something was to fail it may be the vactrol, the opamps, or more likely the wiring.

It has a crappy bypass in it now but not sure if I can put a 3PDT in the same footprint hole.  I may leave it alone or use a prototype relay bypass which uses a similar size switch.

jimilee

Holy crap! 110 might fry a pedal from the inside out!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Quote from: jimilee on April 15, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

Yeah, bzzzzt. LOL  :o

...there is a standard male plug 5.5/2.1mm on the zip cord which leads me to think it was plugged into a Pedal Power Plus or Fuel Tank etc.  I think this is the first time I have encountered wire nuts inside a pedal..must add to the vintage "toan."

jimilee

Quote from: rullywowr on April 15, 2014, 06:07:27 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 15, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

Yeah, bzzzzt. LOL  :o

...there is a standard male plug 5.5/2.1mm on the zip cord which leads me to think it was plugged into a Pedal Power Plus or Fuel Tank etc.  I think this is the first time I have encountered wire nuts inside a pedal..must add to the vintage "toan."
I believe so, it accentuates the phasery goodness!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Nice grab! That is indeed a really weird way of powering a pedal! :o

I had one those in the recent version tho.... lots of nice phasery tones in there.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/