News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap Tempo Tremolo w/o Ticking?

Started by das234, April 15, 2014, 04:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

I've been reading threads from people who've built tap tempo tremolos and looking to build one myself.  I read a lot of reports of incurable ticking though and that worries me.  Question to you, the Madbeaners, is... Can I build a TTT without ticking?

midwayfair

Neither of mine tick in most settings.

My tap tempo cardinal does tick in certain settings: square wave in harmonic mode. Which kind of sounds like crap anyway, so I never use that setting.

das234

Thanks, Jon.  With all the experience out there, I'm hoping to find a solution that's pretty foolproof because I want to build one for a friend.  If it was just for me, some isolated ticking wouldn't be as big a deal. 

midwayfair

Quote from: das234 on April 15, 2014, 09:11:35 PM
Thanks, Jon.  With all the experience out there, I'm hoping to find a solution that's pretty foolproof because I want to build one for a friend.  If it was just for me, some isolated ticking wouldn't be as big a deal.

Says Jon cryptically, "If you are willing to wait a while, there might be a different project to build that is less prone to ticking."

GermanCdn

Quote from: midwayfair on April 15, 2014, 09:13:41 PM
Quote from: das234 on April 15, 2014, 09:11:35 PM

Says Jon cryptically, "If you are willing to wait a while, there might be a different project to build that is less prone to ticking."

I do believe this would make you a TTTT Jon, a Tap Tempo Tremolo Tease. :P

Back to the topic at hand, my current TTT does have some ticking issues.  I haven't spent much time trouble shooting it, it's in the Fix It Later pile, but it could stay there forever if something better comes along.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

das234

So.... how's this new TTT coming along??