News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need your thoughts on something guys

Started by Cortexturizer, April 13, 2014, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

Okay, so I've been looking out for a spillover equiped bypass looper for some time and that quest has led me to a company called American Loopers. After a plethora of exchanged emails (they take FOREVER to respond) I finally bought their product via PP. That was on the 10th of March. The building time on their site is stated as being 5-7 business days. That is the sole reason why I went with them instead of this1smine who stated on their site that the building time is 2-3 weeks. I needed the pedal earlier so I went for their competitor - AL.
So, after more than 30 days I have only one mail exchanged with them (they needed like five days to answer) and frankly I am really disappointed by their support. You know that kind of shitty demeanor where people respond with five or ten words tops...well that's exactly how they do customer support.
I have no doubts that eventually they will build the looper and all will be okay, but I am disappointed with them in advance, at this point even if their product rocks like nothing before I will still have an unpleasant taste in the mouth, at least that's how I feel now. The info on their site was obviously missleading and it was the only reason why I went for them and not their competitors, their customer support SUCK, and since then I've even started thinking I could do without that pedal just fine.

Do I have enough, in your opinion, to raise a dispute on PP and ask for my money back or should I just keep it on a "I shouldnt have done this, I totally made a mistake with them, just live with it" level? What do you guys think? Thanks
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

GrindCustoms

Well.... they advertise that building takes 5-7 days, that's an engagement when you advertise it.

It should have been built for 3 weeks now, they have failed to their engagement, that breaks a deal in my book.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

1) Screenshot of the 5-7 day promise.
2) Attempt to contact them through any other means -- e-mails can get lost.
3) Request a refund or a delivered product with the exact reasons you stated in this thread. Tell them they have 3 days to respond. Put it in the subject.
4) If you don't hear back, file a dispute immediately after that 3-day warning before your time is up to do so.
5) Read up on this1smine on TGP before buying anything from them. They have in the past been a trainwreck of communication.

I get that small builders get backed up, have no one else to answer e-mails, etc. etc., and I have sympathy with that but if they have so much business that they can't finish in the time they've advertised OR communicate with their customers, then they shouldn't care about losing one customer.

micromegas

Quote from: midwayfair on April 13, 2014, 05:08:07 PM
but if they have so much business that they can't finish in the time they've advertised OR communicate with their customers, then they shouldn't care about losing one customer.

or they can hire someone for that...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

flanagan0718

Deal breaker for me too. I would request a refund and go with a competitor. Check with paypal too, you might be protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian_guga

looked at the site...looks more like "make in home" operation, than a business, not that there is anything wrong with that. Ask for your money back - if they refuse then turn to PP.
my lab loves fuzz

playpunk

I got a tt from this1smyne, and everything was perfect. I have asked dan other questions, and he always responds quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

If they were anywhere near professional, they would have contacted YOU and told you that the build was going to take longer than the promised time and that it is YOUR decision whether or not to proceed.

I say that 1 WEEK overdue would be time to start attempting to get results. You have passed that.  :-\

Go with your gut. Send one final email with a deadline (as Jon suggests) and if they do not respond with re-payment or resonable PROMISED product delivery... in writing, then go to Paypal for a refund.

pryde

Absolutely no reason for the poor communication, false promises, and general BS. Get your money back as others suggested. Ridiculous business behavior honestly. Good luck.   

rullywowr

Paypal allows disputes typically in 45 days. I'd file ASAP. No excuse for bad communication and no product in your hands.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gjcamann

^^^^^^^^^^^

You've already been the nice guy for 4 weeks. The clock is ticking. I'd email them today asking for a refund and put in the PP dispute tomorrow if you get no response.

Sorry your going through this.I hope it works out.

Cortexturizer

"Marko,  I have bad news, I put your looper together and it works but somehow the circuits that our tech has been giving us it produces a very loud pop when switched back and forth. I really don't want to send you something like that, we're gonna have to cancel the order. I will issue you a full refund. I'm sorry for taking so long, I depended on my tech to produce good circuits and he didn't ."

Just got that from them. So that was that. I was passive and conflict-avoiding, and in the end the situation resolved itself.

Thank you gentlemen for your support nonetheless you truly are a fantastic crowd.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

rullywowr

Sounds like they need a tech who insists he solders only on card tables.
Glad it worked out for you!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

LaceSensor

micromegas

Quote from: LaceSensor on April 16, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
shoulda built your own ;)
+1

Plenty of different options:
   JMK/THcustom
   BYOC kit
   THcustom programmable looper
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease