News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy (Brigade MN3005)

Started by Stomptown, April 13, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

If been meaning to post this for a while now but life has been extremely busy. It's a stock AquaBoy ver 2010 with a 1776 relay bypass. It sounds awesome and the bypass works like a charm. I've been going with an angular brushed finish lately and I'm really digging the results. If anyone is interested in giving it a try, make sure your etch is nice and deep and do not over-sand (100 grit works perfect).

Leevibe

Jon that is rad inside and out. Just that right touch of grunge makes it LOOK analog. Extremely cool man.

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Sweet build Jon!  8)
Where'd you get your mn3005?

TallT

I'm still afraid to take on an analog delay project. Nice work! I'm also a big fan of the "Finish Line Bypass" switching system.

Bret608

Well, that is just unreal. I want that kind of look for my Lowrider. Bet it sounds amazing!

Stomptown

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Quote from: nzCdog on April 13, 2014, 07:56:38 PM
Sweet build Jon!  8)
Where'd you get your mn3005?

I bought 2 of them from someone here on the forum - I think it was Jimijam IIRC.

selfdestroyer

Jon, This looks amazing. Is that a bevel around the pedal or is there a aluminum "face plate" on top of the enclosure? Looks so cool. One day I will have some 3005's for the Jefe pedal I bought from Tim top swap out the 3007's and get more time out of it. One day.

Cody

Stomptown

It is beveled from the etch. I masked the sides with painters tape and the transfer image was sized so the edges were not masked. The biggest key was to mask the beveled edges with painters tape to protect it when I did the final angular sanding on the top surface.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Stomptown on April 16, 2014, 05:53:04 AM
It is beveled from the etch. I masked the sides with painters tape and the transfer image was sized so the edges were not masked. The biggest key was to mask the beveled edges with painters tape to protect it when I did the final angular sanding on the top surface.

Very cool Idea, it looks so deep like a face plate. Great job. I will have to try that.

Cody