News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Random PCB PIF (that's free stuff for those of you wondering what PIF is)

Started by midwayfair, April 12, 2014, 10:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I have a few PCBs that just won't get built and I feel bad holding onto them.

There are 4 PCBs here, each with their own unique requirement.

1) JMK Scuba Muff -- I dearly wanted to build this, but the fact is it's sized for a 125B and I just never keep them around the house. It's a super awesome muff variant (I breadboarded it) that can get a ton of sounds, almost as many as a Pharoah.

To get this one, you must agree to film or record a demo of the pedal in action.

2) JMK Delay -- this is Jacob's standard delay. You can build a Rebote or DBD on it, for instance.

To get this one, you must agree to post a build report of the finished delay.

3) Bacon Bits -- this is the older version, without the warm switch. This is a beginner-friendly build. To get this, you must have fewer than 100 posts here, or have started building within the last 6 months.

4) Whisker Biscuit -- CJ's layout of what is, quite honestly, my favorite "big muff" variant. I have two of these to give away. To get this, you must answer the following question: What is the brightest object that currently exists in the known universe? I will accept more than one answer for this, with one board for each correct answer.

5) Neptune Delay -- this is a black PCB, and I'm not sure which run it's from. Another CJ PCB (I have a few ...). To get this, answer me this: If I take away one of Neptune's points, what is he holding.

Have fun!

murdog47

4) Whisker Biscuit -- CJ's layout of what is, quite honestly, my favorite "big muff" variant. I have two of these to give away. To get this, you must answer the following question: What is the brightest object that currently exists in the known universe? I will accept more than one answer for this, with one board for each correct answer.

The sun?

slimtriggers

Quote from: murdog47 on April 12, 2014, 11:22:08 PM

The sun?

I was gonna guess quasar for that one.  If I win, it's yours, murdog ;)

midwayfair

One for each of you! Quasars are extremely bright but also extremely far away (other galaxies!), and also might no longer exist since they're so old; and the sun is the most luminescent thing we can see. PM me your addresses.

ddog

Quote from: midwayfair on April 12, 2014, 10:47:31 PM
5) Neptune Delay -- this is a black PCB, and I'm not sure which run it's from. Another CJ PCB (I have a few ...). To get this, answer me this: If I take away one of Neptune's points, what is he holding.

Have fun!

Is it a pitchfork? I'm feeling there is a clever answer to this

pryde

midwayfair

Quote from: pryde on April 12, 2014, 11:35:26 PM
I thought gamma ray bursts were the brightest?

I'd consider that a phenomenon and not an object, though.

haveyouseenhim

If I take away one of Neptune's points, what is he holding.

Instead of a trident it is a bident ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

midwayfair

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on April 12, 2014, 11:52:08 PM
If I take away one of Neptune's points, what is he holding.

Instead of a trident it is a bident ;D

Ding ding! I've got your address, I'll get it out to you on Monday. :)

jimilee

How soon do you need the build report? Is love to do the delay, just cause it's a delay. I got stuff to so but I can bump it ahead.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on April 13, 2014, 12:16:04 AM
How soon do you need the build report? Is love to do the delay, just cause it's a delay. I got stuff to so but I can bump it ahead.

I dunno. You can has.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on April 13, 2014, 12:22:43 AM
Quote from: jimilee on April 13, 2014, 12:16:04 AM

I dunno. You can has.
Thanks Jon
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 12, 2014, 11:31:16 PM
One for each of you! Quasars are extremely bright but also extremely far away (other galaxies!), and also might no longer exist since they're so old; and the sun is the most luminescent thing we can see. PM me your addresses.

Total (but interesting) thread derail.

I was a judge for a high school science show last year and one of the presentations was titled:

"Gravitationally lensed Quasars: a morphological approach."

It was an incredibly detailed presentation and the kid presenting it was able to field questions in real time.  He had certainly worked with adults on aspects of it, but he understood it.

The real kicker was that he wasn't qualified to win because he wasn't old enough: he was still in Junior High.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: midwayfair on April 13, 2014, 12:02:13 AM
Ding ding! I've got your address, I'll get it out to you on Monday. :)

Awesome!  I guess all the flounder giggin' I did as a child is finally paying off. ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

AntKnee

I just started building in January... I'd happily build the Bacon Bits!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".