News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Midnight Mistress NSFW!

Started by ncdb07, April 12, 2014, 03:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

This was built using Madbean's Current Lover pcb. This was a build for my Uncle and the graphics were his idea. I came up with the font and lettering. I am not happy with the pictures. I did them in a hurry. I will try and get some more using natural light tomorrow and some gut shots as well.

It sounds great! I am not really a flanger guy but there are some great sounds sounds in this thing. I used the MN3007 in case anyone was wondering.

ncdb07
Daniel

jimilee

Great build all the way around! I was expecting NSFW though  :o
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Beautiful work! Nice job with the resin, too. That stuff is trickier to get right than you think.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

ncdb07

Quote from: jimilee on April 12, 2014, 04:19:32 AM

If you look close you can partially see a nipple. Didn't want to get in trouble is all. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
ncdb07
Daniel

ncdb07

Quote from: jubal81 on April 12, 2014, 04:35:21 AM
Beautiful work! Nice job with the resin, too. That stuff is trickier to get right than you think.

Believe me, I know. I ruined the 1st enclosure and had to order a second because of the resin. This one I used Juan and Cleggy's trick of applying Rain X before drilling and it made a huge difference.
ncdb07
Daniel

bcalla

Govmnt_Lacky

Any chance for a gut shot? Also, any chance for a demo?

ncdb07

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 12, 2014, 02:20:45 PM
Any chance for a gut shot? Also, any chance for a demo?

Hope to do a gut shot this weekend along with better pictures in natural lighting. As for a sound clip, I don't have a way to do one. I can tell you this though, the chorus sounds in this thing are better than the Small Clone or the Boss CE-2. I am gonna build another one for me just for the chorus sounds! Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction for a good sound clip.

I do have one problem I need to chase down, the volume needs to be almost cranked to be the same volume as bypassed signal. It could be that I used a chip with a different suffix or a wrong component of some kind, or maybe that I am running it on 9 volts.
ncdb07
Daniel

electrosonic

NSFW in the 1950s maybe. Nice build though.

mattc

Quote from: ncdb07 on April 12, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

If you look close you can partially see a nipple. Didn't want to get in trouble is all. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

I zoomed.

Matt

Quote from: ncdb07 on April 12, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

Huh, I've never seen a pedal with four and a half knobs before.

Seriously though, very nice build!
Matt

nzCdog

Very tidy finishing, love that envirotex look and great graphics 8)