News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hooking Up!

Started by GrindCustoms, April 11, 2014, 09:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Yo!

Past saturday i was asked by a local band to go hang at their rehearsal space to help them working out their sound and improve their individual toanz.

It's an extreme metal outfit, ranging from the classic death metal riffing to modern heavy chuggin... no djent here.

Both guitarist are already well geared and have been gigging that outfit for almost 10 years now, quite a solid band for the genre.

Using Schecter Loomis 7 and the other guitarist ESP 7s into 5150/6505 Heads into Mesa oversized 412s.

Both guy are using wireless that where going into racktuners --» Rocktron HushSuperC --» amp input.

It was doing couple time that me and one of the guy «Pleau» where chatting and by going over there he asked me to bring the stuff that with time i had find that was the best to improve the gain structure of high gain heads. I brought a pedalboard with modified BBOD (Goat), modedZendrive (Feng), Klone (Chimaera), Modded TS (Ludicrous Screamer), LoveSqueeze (RottenKomp), 4KnobComp (Dave's modded Ross) and finally a Decimator.

After couple hours of testing and different combination we ended getting the best results by using a Klone into RottenKomp... that combo is just made to live together.

In addition to adding these, we did some cleaning in their setup, so we added a Decimator and a buffer splitter (tuner out) Kill switch....... all in 1!  8)

Here's what they are getting with a bonus picstory.

«BrassPlate»

«The Eliminator»

We could also make this a rememberance day.... i can't recall when is the last time i did a «clean» pedal!  :o

Some details about the actual builts:

Pedal requires a 18V PSU

18V Buffer/Splitter, 9V Buffered V-Ref Out.

Klone and Decimator are supplied by the buffered 9V.

Decimator is always ON, order switch to place in front of Komp/Klone or after.

Kompressor works on the 18V supply.

Not the end yet! There's also a bassist in that band! Haha!

«Pilon» uses a USA Spector 5 string into SansAmp PSA1 for Drive into Ampeg SVT Classic into Mesa 810.... and really liked the RottenKomp in front of all that!  ;D

Really happy of the whole turnout of this band «Hook up» and especially about the turn around time with the builds involved.

Cheers!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

DutchMF

Very cool stuff Rej, working with an entire band like that. Sounds like a dream job! I'm curious about the music, can you supply a link to some of their tunes?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Leevibe

Super clean. Very nice!

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys :)

I'll check with them this weekend if they have some recent stuff recorded and i'll update the thread.

This is their past project, if not used to deep low tuned br00tz... welcome! ;D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

....also.. it's not drum machine, the drummer is a machine!

And it's in my hometown and current location.

lincolnic

Where did you possibly get that Eliminator plate from?

pickdropper

Those look fantastic, Rej.  Awesome builds.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Quote from: lincolnic on April 14, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

Back when i was working in «Meliadine» a mining exploration project close to the Arctic Circle. I had to put together a cremator for the organic garbage produced by the camp.

Everything over there was tranport via helicopters, in fact every morning and evening i was going to and coming back from work in the Helicopter... that was rad! ;D

Anyway... when the helicopter brought the cremator to the site it was completely destroyed, thing was HUGE! The bin to drop garbage or animals in, was 6 feet wide by 4 feet deep by 12 feet long, with a Diesel fed blow torch of 400 000BTU.... and i also had to fine tune that blow torch... I was there in the middle of the Tundra blowing a flame of 2 feet diameter by over 15feet long... that was METAL!!! 8)

So yeah! When i finished to put this back in working order, there was 3 plates with the serial numbers and what not, i kept one ;)

lincolnic

That story is even better than I could've hoped, and is also the most metal thing I've heard all day. Thanks for sharing!

GrindCustoms

Just found some pictures of that trip....

Happy me in the Helicopter before take off

Incinerator heating up and sorry i just saw in the pic description that it was 800 000BTU! :o

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 14, 2014, 04:13:06 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on April 14, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

Back when i was working in «Meliadine» a mining exploration project close to the Arctic Circle. I had to put together a cremator for the organic garbage produced by the camp.

Everything over there was tranport via helicopters, in fact every morning and evening i was going to and coming back from work in the Helicopter... that was rad! ;D

Anyway... when the helicopter brought the cremator to the site it was completely destroyed, thing was HUGE! The bin to drop garbage or animals in, was 6 feet wide by 4 feet deep by 12 feet long, with a Diesel fed blow torch of 400 000BTU.... and i also had to fine tune that blow torch... I was there in the middle of the Tundra blowing a flame of 2 feet diameter by over 15feet long... that was METAL!!! 8)

So yeah! When i finished to put this back in working order, there was 3 plates with the serial numbers and what not, i kept one ;)

AWESOME!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Awesome builds.

Awesome story.

Awesome pre-helicopter ride photo.

Overall score: Awesome!

micromegas

Quote from: raulduke on April 14, 2014, 08:53:20 AM
Awesome builds.

Awesome story.