News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

crybaby light plate mod

Started by Gledison, April 10, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

Quote from: Gledison on April 24, 2014, 03:10:21 PM
+ 6 Plutonium lEDs ;)

:o

Sounds dangerous. But it came out better than the last light plate I did!

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

snz728

that would be cool on a dark stage.  How does it look in a lit room, can you tell if th effect is on?

gordo

Yow, you need welders goggles just to use it.  Now you have to get it to change colors based on the treadle position  :o

How did you end up wiring the LED's?  Plutonium LED's...do they have a Smallbear in space?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Gledison

Quote from: gordo on April 26, 2014, 02:36:04 PM
Yow, you need welders goggles just to use it.  Now you have to get it to change colors based on the treadle position  :o

How did you end up wiring the LED's?  Plutonium LED's...do they have a Smallbear in space?
Hehehe
Well, they are 3 LEDS in series parallel with other 3 ;)
Ultra bright plutonium!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

chromesphere

I agree with Jon except only can see it in the dark.  Mine is like your gledison (the one in my profile picture -> zombie).  Its pretty bright you can see it in daytime easily.  Also I would suggest anyone else thinking of doing a lightplate to use Lexan instead of plexiglass for these reasons (scroll down to 'key characteristics').  Better suited for pedals imo but still yet to try it:

http://www.hydrosight.com/acrylic-vs-polycarbonate-a-quantitative-and-qualitative-comparison/
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Gledison

Yesss! I also never tried pokycarbonate as this was my first lightplate! This one is acrylics. And , Paul: indeed, my motivation to do that was after watching ur video of your crazy Zombie pedal!
Here is a shoy of the playe under sunlight! Well, day light in getmany, not much sun :(
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

chromesphere

That looks cool as Gledison!  Next light plate I do is definitely going to be Lexan.  Plexiglass cracks too easy when drilling.
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube