News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

crybaby light plate mod

Started by Gledison, April 10, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys, I want to do the light plate mod on my crybaby and i´ve got already some blue LEDs and looking for some tip on how to do it on the right way.
for the CLR, shall i use one for every LED or just one after the 9V?
how do you fix the LEDs on the acrylic plate? do you drill a small hole?
is it better to make the LED difuse?
thanks for any help!!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

midwayfair

Some tips:

-There is a tutorial on DIYSB for this.

-The LED MUST be diffuse. It simply won't work any other way.

-Drill the hole exactly the right size for the LED. You want as much physical contact between the LED and the lightplate.

-Be prepared to have no idea if your pedal is on or off based on the LED, because unless you play in a really dark room all the time, you probably aren't going to see it.

Gledison

Quote from: midwayfair on April 10, 2014, 03:59:42 PM
Some tips:

-Drill the hole exactly the right size for the LED. You want as much physical contact between the LED and the lightplate.

-Be prepared to have no idea if your pedal is on or off based on the LED, because unless you play in a really dark room all the time, you probably aren't going to see it.
bahhhh, thanks,
i want to put the lEDs in order to see the status....last time i played an entire song with the pedal on ....damn it!! :(

snz728

Dang i was thinking the same thing...back to the drawing board

Gledison

Some tips:

Hi Jon,
i found certain tutorial on DYSB but not sure if is the same you mentioned. :S
Do you know if i can add 6 LEDS? 3 in distribuited in each side for better light?
i know that for 2 LEDS i need only 1 resistor on the 9V lead, but for 6.... ??
thanks for helping :)

pickdropper

You are better off putting a CLR for each LED.  There can be some differences in current draw between LEDs; using separate CLRs helps prevent them from burning out.

And sure, you can use multiple LEDs for a wah plate.  I did one a while back and I believe I had 13 LEDs on it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Gledison

Quote from: pickdropper on April 11, 2014, 01:21:38 PM
You are better off putting a CLR for each LED.  There can be some differences in current draw between LEDs; using separate CLRs helps prevent them from burning out.

And sure, you can use multiple LEDs for a wah plate.  I did one a while back and I believe I had 13 LEDs on it.
Great!!!
thanks for helping!

Gledison

Some tips:

I think this issue is over! :)

haveyouseenhim

Whoa! Looks like some kind of hoverwah. :o
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

Govmnt_Lacky

Looks like that Wah has risen from the depths of HELL through some kind of plasmic portal in your kitchen floor!!  :o  ::)

Leevibe

Gledison

Lol! Exactlyyy
actually, what u see its a time portal, where hendrix's crybaby travelled from the 60's direct to me! Yeahhhhhhh

jimilee

Sweet! Where did the plate come from?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on April 24, 2014, 02:58:43 PM
Sweet! Where did the plate come from?
Plexiglas from bauhaus Germany ;), standard acylic transparent plate
+ 6 Plutonium lEDs ;)

lincolnic

Best thing I've seen all day.