News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glitterati ?s

Started by Nuno_VanBamsteen, April 01, 2011, 04:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuno_VanBamsteen

Hi All, new to the site, was hoping to build a BB/Glitterati project.
Just seeing if anyone has an idea on board availability, I don't have the time to etch my own board, or much else these days, so I'm hoping someone knows when they'll be available for purchase again?

Thanks,

Nuno
"Would I throw a lighted match and turn the gas on if my pal 'Bugsy' was in there?"

k.rock!

Hi Nuno!

Welcome to the forum man :)

I know Brian has been working hard on a few boards as well as putting together new projects. I see that the project page says approx. 3.30 would be available, so I would say maybe this next week at some point?

Brian would be the one to answer really, but I just thought to jump in and at least welcome you in  :D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

I've an extra in my stash.  If you want it pm me and we'll work out something.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

They're in. Just got them today. I will get ordering available on these new ones up tomorrow. I want to finish the revised documentation on the new stuff first this time....last time it ended up taking me too long to get them done.

Anyway, tomorrow! The new Glitt board is killer, too. about 2/3 the size of the previous design.

Nuno_VanBamsteen

So, riddle me this, some of the values on the Glitteratti parts list are a lil odd, like 4k7, I'm guessing that means 47k?
Then the 220R is that just 220 Ω, lastly, the cap values there are some listings in "n"?
Is that a typo?

1uF
C3 51pf
C4 47n
C5 220n

I've been an amplifier bench tech for a while and haven't seen a n rating on any caps?!
"Would I throw a lighted match and turn the gas on if my pal 'Bugsy' was in there?"

jkokura

All of those are very common valu indicators. It's ok that you haven't seen them though.

4k7 = 4.7k
47nF = 0.047uF
220R = 220 ohm
51pF = 0.000051uF

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Nuno_VanBamsteen

Thanks, I just don't generally use the lower values, everything in in micro, or pico I've ever had to service.

jkokura

Well, micro is the standard right? N stands for Nano. We use nano so that we don't have to worry about all the decimals and zeros. That way, you can have everything as whole numbers for 47nF  rather than using 0.047uF.

So there's Microfarad, Nanofarad, and Picofarad. There was a good chart on comparing all the values... http://www.justradios.com/uFnFpF.html

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

You don't usually see the "N" designation printed on parts...the old AVX caps did, though. It's a very common shorthand in pedal building though, so I've always stuck with it.

Nuno_VanBamsteen

..and that's why we ask questions. :)
Thanks for the speedy replies!
I like it here already!

Nuno_VanBamsteen

More questions:

The New board that is released, is it still the same as the 3.5 build sheet, or have things significantly changed? I'm just debating purchasing another board and having one for me and a friend I've been teaching guitar to for a while.
Josh sold me his spare and I'm feeling saucy since I sold my old ProCo Rat I have some spare cash sitting in my Paypal acct for just such an event as this.

Thanks,

NVBS

Nuno_VanBamsteen

madbean

The BOM is the same. The layout is different, is all. It's smaller.