News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Here we go again...

Started by flanagan0718, April 08, 2014, 01:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey Guys,
     So, after my latest bout with an "Ampersand" (my version of the Zombie Chorus) I was feeling a bit beaten down. I got the pedal going and sold, it just took me 3 Vero layouts, 2 125b enclosures ( due to a run in the clear coat), and many words muttered that I felt offended saying  :-X. Needless to say I took a bit of a building break. Every time I looked at my work bench I got frustrated and walked away. I then decided to clean it up and go buy a pcb vise to use while soldering. The vise sat for a week on my clean bench before I even unboxed it. Last night, when I got home from work I decided to start a project that I've wanted to do since I started building. I started populating an Echo Base delay. There were 2 delay projects that started the bug in me. The Cave Dweller and the Echo Base. I did a Cave Dweller over the summer for a friend and loved it, now it is on to the Echo Base. It felt good to be back behind the iron again, and not cursing at an enclosure because the clear coat dripped. To be totally honest the thing that inspired me to start up again was Stomptown's build report of the Hamlet. I then watched Midwayfair's (Jon's) demo of the pedal and had to have one. That made me want to build my PCB stock so I can get one. So, thanks everyone for the inspiration and LETS SOLDER SOME COMPONENTS!!!

StompTown's Build:http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=14720.0

Jon's Demo:

AntKnee

Amen! A brother has returned to the congregation!

Rock on.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".