News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirt Achievement.

Started by GrindCustoms, April 02, 2014, 07:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Spamming you guys with this thing....

Here's a fully functionnal IDA Hydra Drive.

I've put it together pretty fast this weekend, should have socketed the clipping section... so i'll do that a bit later this week. Happy of what's coming out of it on the Blue channel (Modded BBOD) it's spot on what i wanted. The Green channel (similar to zendrive) i got to experiment with things.

Will have a clip of it this weekend.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Tremster

nzCdog

Gut shot almost made me swoon :-*
Sexy

micromegas

Cannot wait to have my pcb.... this is hot.
(I'll soon have another Zendrive based od... muahahahaha!!!)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

neiloler

This looks interesting, where can I get more info if I wanted to build one?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

Stomptown

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys!

Those who have purchased proto boards of this, once you'll have the layout in hand, make sûre that you have measured everything precisely. There's absolutely no room for error, everything is à snug fit.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

mattlee0037

I'm super excited for this! What don't you like about the zen side and is there a drill template or did you eye it out?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Nice PCB layout. Love me some effective use of ribbon cable. Excellent.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: mattlee0037 on April 02, 2014, 02:36:24 PM
I'm super excited for this! What don't you like about the zen side and is there a drill template or did you eye it out?

I'll make my best to provide a drill template in time, i use my «analog» templates that are on paper.

For the Zen, in the Assymetrical setup i used 1N4148, the side that has 2 diode in serie, i sub one of the Si with an LED, it softens the clipping «edge» if i can say it like that, the other side is a simple symmetrical clipping layout.

I think that i will simply have 2 assymetrical clipping layouts, one being BAT41-46 with the LED and the other side 3 Si diodes, it will also even out the differences in volume, will also just use a On/On switch, Lifted position is kind a useless on this channel of the OD, but really cool on the BBOD side....

Is this understandable? lolol

selfdestroyer

Rej, This looks like a great project. I would love to get a PCB when they become available. The color choice is perfect for this build.

Cody

mattlee0037

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 02, 2014, 05:23:49 PM
Quote from: mattlee0037 on April 02, 2014, 02:36:24 PM

I'll make my best to provide a drill template in time, i use my «analog» templates that are on paper.

For the Zen, in the Assymetrical setup i used 1N4148, the side that has 2 diode in serie, i sub one of the Si with an LED, it softens the clipping «edge» if i can say it like that, the other side is a simple symmetrical clipping layout.

I think that i will simply have 2 assymetrical clipping layouts, one being BAT41-46 with the LED and the other side 3 Si diodes, it will also even out the differences in volume, will also just use a On/On switch, Lifted position is kind a useless on this channel of the OD, but really cool on the BBOD side....

Is this understandable? lolol

Hey let me know what Si diodes you end up using!

hylandren

I may have said this before, but your "cross processed" photography look is the perfect compliment to you relic'd looking enclosures.

When I recently accidentally sanded an enclosure too much and started exposing the undercoat, I figured "What the hell, I will go for the relic'd look on this now."
Takeaway: Getting them to look as randomly worn as you do is harder than one would think! Mine looked exactly like what it was: A fake!  :D

GrindCustoms

Quote from: hylandren on April 03, 2014, 12:11:59 PM
I may have said this before, but your "cross processed" photography look is the perfect compliment to you relic'd looking enclosures.

When I recently accidentally sanded an enclosure too much and started exposing the undercoat, I figured "What the hell, I will go for the relic'd look on this now."
Takeaway: Getting them to look as randomly worn as you do is harder than one would think! Mine looked exactly like what it was: A fake!  :D

Hehe, thanks mate!

Having only a iPhone to take pics..... i must find stuff that will help my cause at some point. I seriously wish to be able to buy a good quality camera soon to be able to take nice detailed picture tho...