News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Breaking the drought

Started by nzCdog, March 30, 2014, 03:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2014, 03:23:12 AM
Hey Corey, looks really cool.  Good to see you around!
Thanks Keefe, nice to see you too mate :)

Quote from: Bret608 on March 31, 2014, 03:16:36 PM
I agree, really glad to see you back! You were pretty much the first person to comment on one of my build reports back in the day.

I like how this looks a lot. Did you sand that enclosure any before you decaled it? I may use a similar look on an upcoming build...
Hey Bret, thanks yes I used a belt sander, it keeps all the grain the same direction.  Then I did one spray coat of clear, applied decals, finished with a couple more top coats.  I should take a better pic, the grain of the sanding really catches the light on certain angles.  Nice to see you too mate :D

Stomptown

Quote from: nzCdog on March 31, 2014, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2014, 03:23:12 AM
Hey Corey, looks really cool.  Good to see you around!
Thanks Keefe, nice to see you too mate :)

Quote from: Bret608 on March 31, 2014, 03:16:36 PM
I agree, really glad to see you back! You were pretty much the first person to comment on one of my build reports back in the day.

I like how this looks a lot. Did you sand that enclosure any before you decaled it? I may use a similar look on an upcoming build...
Hey Bret, thanks yes I used a belt sander, it keeps all the grain the same direction.  Then I did one spray coat of clear, applied decals, finished with a couple more top coats.  I should take a better pic, the grain of the sanding really catches the light on certain angles.  Nice to see you too mate :D

That belt sander definitely makes it stand out! I couldn't figure it out but I knew you did something extra.

pickdropper

Congrats on breaking the drought.  The pedal board and the pedal look great.

Are those Eagle knobs or something else?  I like the look of those.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

Cool, what wood did you use for the board...pine?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer