News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2014 Projects

Started by ichilton, March 29, 2014, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichilton

Hi,

I was wondering what the changes are in the 2014 editions of Green Bean, Kingslayer and Deadringer 2?

Has it been posted any where (have been searching but not found anything yet), or is madbean able to comment?

The SunKing II is mainly just a re-production with a different layout but not really any changes to the circuit, right?

PS: The DeadRinger 2 is listed on the Projects page as coming 04.05, but isn't shown in the list at the very top of the page.

Thanks,

Ian

madbean

The GreenBean is mostly the same except there is one less switch. I dropped the Fat switch in favor of a better layout on the PCB.
The Sunking2 has three optional mods. One for diode switching and two for changing the bass response. It is laid out like the Klon...three knobs in a row in a horizontal 1590BB.
The Deadringer2 is very, very different than before. It has an independent JFET boost with tone control, different buffers, a rotary fat switch plus three more toggle switches for tweaking. I'm am really happy with it and I think people will dig it.

ichilton

That's very interesting - thanks.

So the SunKing II is still exactly based on the same stock schematic (and therefore sound), but has the capability for the extra mods?

Deadringer2 - interesting! - is that at all based on the FD-3, or is the JFET boost just a co-incidence?

How much has it changed from the FD-2 schematic & sound? - is the core schematic/sound of the overdrive side the same but with optional mods?

I forgot to ask about the Kingslayer 2014! - what's changed on that one?

Thanks,

Ian

Willybomb

So if I read that right, the deadringer's boost doesn't need the OD portion on to work?

ichilton

QuoteSo if I read that right, the deadringer's boost doesn't need the OD portion on to work?
Yep.

madbean - is the boost pre, or post overdrive?

Justus

Quote from: madbean on March 29, 2014, 10:42:58 AM
The GreenBean is mostly the same except there is one less switch. I dropped the Fat switch in favor of a better layout on the PCB.
Okay, first post here.  I'm researching and reading (going on day 3) before I make an order and start in with my first pedal, which I think is going to be a Green Bean.  Is the above quote a typo?  Isn't it the "Bright" switch that's gone, and not the "Fat" switch?  Or am I just missing something altogether?

Thanks, this forum has been extremely helpful already!

- Steve