News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover, 3007 vs. 3207, Opinions...

Started by peAk, March 27, 2014, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Just curious what people thought about the different chips in this circuit. Is it a wash or does one sound better than the other?

Opinions?

pietro_moog

i didn't try the 3207, i just have a bunch of 3007s. i built mine at 9v, it was cool. then i placed a charge pump inside to bring the voltage up to 15v and it's much better. go with the 3007 and use a charge pump.

Scruffie

Both versions are nice but the 3007 does allow you to up the voltage for more headroom, depends if you need that or not.

Plenty of people happy with the 3207 version and the Mooer Eleclady is a current lover with 3207 basically and people like that.
Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

Okay, so excuse my ignorance here because I am still a noob with pedals, but what does have a higher voltage and more headroom do for a pedal?

If I am guessing, does it just allow for higher gain pickups not to clip?

I have been wanting to know the answer for this for some time.

Scruffie

Spot on, although in this case it does also improve noise too to a point and can give a feeling of the circuit sounding more 'open' is the best I could describe it.
Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

Quote from: Scruffie on March 27, 2014, 05:53:09 PM
Spot on, although in this case it does also improve noise too to a point and can give a feeling of the circuit sounding more 'open' is the best I could describe it.

Okay cool, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, I will go with the higher voltage and the 3007s