News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SpaceHarp Phaser

Started by Haberdasher, March 26, 2014, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Hey man. does that electro get in the way of the output jack? Does the cable not touch the electro?

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on March 26, 2014, 05:55:47 PM
..... I can't decide between a small stone clone, the OTA that Brian has or something else.
I'm confused, why would you choose???   :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Quote from: jimilee on March 27, 2014, 12:59:32 AM
Hey man. does that electro get in the way of the output jack? Does the cable not touch the electro?

you mean does the plug touch the electro?  nope, not on mine.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jimilee

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 27, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

Yes
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Quote from: jimilee on March 27, 2014, 01:18:17 AM

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 27, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

Yes
ah, gotcha.  using top mounted jacks, you could easily mount the pcb a little lower if you're worried about it.  there's quite a bit of room between the lower edge of the pcb and the stomp switch.
with plug fully inserted:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/na3hivlwxd1hv40/2014-03-26%2020.06.46.jpg

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jimilee

No worries. Looks fine to me too.

Haberdasher

Quote from: juansolo on March 26, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
Gah, if I didn't have the Tonepad Ross phaser clone already in build, I'd have been all over this :(

Sweet build Keefe!
jilted for toanpad.  now i am depressed. ;)

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jimilee

Why are you guys under the impression you can only have one phaser?

Haberdasher

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on March 26, 2014, 05:55:47 PM
Man that is sweet.  I'm looking to build a phaser and I can't decide between a small stone clone, the OTA that Brian has or something else. 
i have Brian's stage fright pcb here, but i haven't ever built it, so I can't compare the 2.  i have certainly heard good reviews from the stage fright though.  i like jimilee's idea though.  build.all.of.them.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Stomptown

Wow! This looks great Duder! This may be the first build report of yours I've seen and it is very impressive. The echted faceplate is very... Haberdasherish!  ;D

sonarchotic

This IS a beauty! I'm a Small Stone fan as well and will now have to add your board to my to do list.

the3secondrule

Any other sources for those kobiconn jacks?

Mousers shipping to NZ kills me.

Alternatively, will standard open jacks fit?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

das234

Quote from: jimilee on March 27, 2014, 01:41:09 AM
Why are you guys under the impression you can only have one phaser?

Right.  I built the Stage Fright and it's awesome.  I'm also on the list for the new Doppelganger board.  And I think I'm going to send Keefe some business on the Space Harp too.  Do I need 3 phasers?  No.  I do not.  Do I have a phaser problem?  Not until I start stuffing more than one in the same box (JIMI!).

Haberdasher

thanks again everyone!

Quote from: the3secondrule on March 27, 2014, 02:21:11 AM
Any other sources for those kobiconn jacks?

Mousers shipping to NZ kills me.

Alternatively, will standard open jacks fit?
man, mouser is the only place i have ever found that carries them.  and i looked around some, too.
I'm getting ready to hit the hay atm, but tomorrow i'll hold up a standard neutrik to it and see what the difference looks like.  i think standard jacks would go, because i used the ggg 125 template to mark the top mount holes, and i have used that template before on other 125's and it was no problem.  the one thing i can tell you i did differently, is i moved a little farther away from the pcb to mark the holes so they were closer to the bottom plate.  just in case type of thing.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

rullywowr

Super nice build...and awesome layout of the PCB.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "DipTrace". :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!