News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SpaceHarp Phaser

Started by Haberdasher, March 26, 2014, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Just got my pcbs for this project in the mail :)

And +100 on the StageFright, I've built 2 of these, I own an original MP1... ...in fact i bought it from Brian, so i believe it's the one he used as reference for his work on that layout. I'd say that it's 92% dead-on, the remaining 8% is a certain behavior of the original toward your playing dynamic, it's a bit more responsive to my ears.

'Nyway... Jimilee pointed it out right, build.them.all.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 27, 2014, 01:38:51 AM
Quote from: juansolo on March 26, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
Gah, if I didn't have the Tonepad Ross phaser clone already in build, I'd have been all over this :(

Sweet build Keefe!
jilted for toanpad.  now i am depressed. ;)

LOL, i'm not cheating on you dude ;) It was one of Rej's old boards that he was selling off during a PCB blowout :P Honest!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on March 27, 2014, 09:28:44 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on March 27, 2014, 01:38:51 AM
Quote from: juansolo on March 26, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
Gah, if I didn't have the Tonepad Ross phaser clone already in build, I'd have been all over this :(

Sweet build Keefe!
jilted for toanpad.  now i am depressed. ;)

LOL, i'm not cheating on you dude ;) It was one of Rej's old boards that he was selling off during a PCB blowout :P Honest!

Hahaha!

It's within the "family" ;)

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Haberdasher

well yeah, i guess as long as you keep it in the family that's not too unsavory then. ;)

@ 3secondrule:  i held a neutrik jack up to it and i think it's fine.  the neutrik sticks into the enclosure a little farther so just take your time & eyeball/measure it carefully.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Quote from: das234 on March 27, 2014, 02:45:20 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 27, 2014, 01:41:09 AM
Why are you guys under the impression you can only have one phaser?

Right.  I built the Stage Fright and it's awesome.  I'm also on the list for the new Doppelganger board.  And I think I'm going to send Keefe some business on the Space Harp too.  Do I need 3 phasers?  No.  I do not.  Do I have a phaser problem?  Not until I start stuffing more than one in the same box (JIMI!).
I can stop anytime man......
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

the3secondrule

Thanks man! Measure twice and drill once as they say ;)

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 27, 2014, 07:59:33 PM
well yeah, i guess as long as you keep it in the family that's not too unsavory then. ;)

@ 3secondrule:  i held a neutrik jack up to it and i think it's fine.  the neutrik sticks into the enclosure a little farther so just take your time & eyeball/measure it carefully.
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

lincolnic

Looks great, Keefe! I missed seeing your builds around here.

pickdropper

Keefe, this is just fantastic.  VERY nice, clean PCB layout.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

blearyeyes

http://elcodis.com/parts/2022820/161-MJ161M-EX.html#datasheet

Don't know where to find them but while looking for the Kobicon mono jacks I found they do make stereo ones as well..

Haberdasher

Quote from: lincolnic on March 28, 2014, 03:26:33 AM
Looks great, Keefe! I missed seeing your builds around here.
Thanks J!  Appreciate the kind words my man.

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
Keefe, this is just fantastic.  VERY nice, clean PCB layout.
Thanks Dave.  Any compliment from you is always a treat dude.

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 30, 2014, 09:42:40 PM

Don't know where to find them but while looking for the Kobicon mono jacks I found they do make stereo ones as well..
ah, i have never seen those before, and i don't think i have ever seen kobiconn stuff for sale anywhere but mouser.  as i do not generally use a battery snap in my stompboxes anymore, i probably wouldn't have the need.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

nzCdog

So clean!  Love the etch

Haberdasher

Quote from: Stomptown on March 27, 2014, 01:46:36 AM
Wow! This looks great Duder! This may be the first build report of yours I've seen and it is very impressive. The echted faceplate is very... Haberdasherish!  ;D
haha, thanks man.  i'll try to get some more build reports out soon.

Quote from: sonarchotic on March 27, 2014, 01:50:38 AM
This IS a beauty! I'm a Small Stone fan as well and will now have to add your board to my to do list.
cool!  still have some in stock so no worries.

Quote from: JakeFuzz on March 26, 2014, 06:07:20 PM
Dude freaking beautiful man. Love that enviro faceplate. Loving this thing more everyday too. I think ill go home and play mine tonight!
glad you like it mang.  thanks again for doing that demo. 8)

Quote from: nzCdog on March 30, 2014, 11:23:43 PM
So clean!  Love the etch
Thanks!

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

davent

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 30, 2014, 09:42:40 PM

Mouser show 120 in stock at present.  http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/161-MJ161M-EX/?qs=0F0hBdgh9sTjHbvdXGPAcg==

However for the mono's i had in my cart, it now says 1000 pc minmum.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Haberdasher

davent, those mono jacks show "not available" for me.  i'd love to do a group buy for those jacks but i don't know if we'd get to 1000 pieces.  I'd probably go for 100 myself, but that still leaves 900.

i've seen pics of this build with standard size side jacks and i'm fairly confident they, or any baby build types, would also work for top mounts.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

davent

I'd put them in my cart back when this thread came up so now in the cart, in red, has the 1000 min.

Just tried doing the minimum and get the not available message... so it goes.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?