News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pepper Spray?

Started by Natman, March 25, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natman

Hey guys,

I was gasing for a Harmonic Percolator for years but never acted on it. Then I saw the recently released Catalinbread Karma Suture and it just awoke something in me. I'd buy one, but not for $170.

I have to build one myself but clearly the Madbean PCB is no longer available. It looks like a simple enough circuit and I can do point to point using perfboard and I even see some vero board layouts. I got the 2011 instructions but I have 2 things on my mind:

1) How close is the Pepper Spray to the original (or the Albini version which people seem to like better)?
2) How did CBread get the 2 extra controls? 

madbean

There are two versions listed in the PS documents and they are exact in terms of values. The Albini one comes from a direct trace (not by me, obviously). However, end results for people have varied and it may not be possible to replicate his exactly, even with the same parts. I know his had a couple of wirewound resistors in his, although I do not suspect that matters much. His may truly be "one of a kind" but you can at least get very close.

I don't know about the other two controls on the Cattybread...their site is currently down.

Tremster

Natman

Quote from: madbean on March 25, 2014, 03:11:38 PM
There are two versions listed in the PS documents and they are exact in terms of values.

I didn't even notice that!

So if I got this right, the diodes are blended in and I could just wire up the toggle switch as a blend pot? Bass is a good guess, I think it will add to the flexibility overall. Thanks guys! 

Beedoola

is there a build dock with pcb transfer?