News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD

Started by angrykoko, March 24, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

New Pharoah Day  :)

Actually I got it Friday but was way to busy to post this weekend.
In the picture left to right Pharaoh -> Cosmopolitan  -> Pharaoh on Mudbunny board -> Belle epoch

Why did I buy a Pharaoh when I already built one?  Good question!  Not a great answer but.. I just wanted an official one, I wanted to support the guy over at black arts who actually did the work of designing it and black arts stuff is priced very reasonably.

They both sound the same except the official one doesn't POP or have the weird volume control issue my diy one does (it's built with all Tayda parts so.. well issues to be expected).  So it was a win!

One thing I would love to tell all the pro builders out there... Stop blinding me with over bright LEDs!!!  omg, the belle epoc,  pharaoh and a behringer are impossible to look at, I cover the leds with picks and still have no issue telling it's on / off.  Bit of a tangent rant but.. holy cow stop with the water clear super brights.

Cheers!
Koko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Leevibe

Quote from: angrykoko on March 24, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

One thing I would love to tell all the pro builders out there... Stop blinding me with over bright LEDs!!!  omg, the belle epoc,  pharaoh and a behringer are impossible to look at, I cover the leds with picks and still have no issue telling it's on / off.  Bit of a tangent rant but.. holy cow stop with the water clear super brights.

Some people love their LEDs as bright as possible and some people find it annoying. I'm stuck in between. Sometimes I like them bright, sometimes subdued. One guy I build for can't get them bright enough! I've considered adding a trimmer to the CLR as standard practice and leaving it up to the customer. One argument for blinding LEDs is for those who sing and play. It's easier to see them in your peripheral vision.

Congratulations on the Pharaoh!

GrindCustoms

Nice!

Agreed about Mark, if occasion presents i'll grab one of those.

Nice distressed enclosure :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Beedoola

I agree about the LEDs.

Ya the Pharaoh is a great pedal.

LaceSensor

Quote from: angrykoko on March 24, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

I dont relaly like super clear bright LED either. much prefer diffuse LEDs
if people are gonna include them do the decent thing and put an LED trim on the design. Dr SCientist does this. He is awesome though.

raulduke

I also agree.

Overbright LED's can be annoying.

I have a Skreddy Pig Mine and it is blinding if you look directly at the LED.

angrykoko

Speaking of Skreddy...My next purchase will be an official skreddy screwdriver.
Incredibly versatile pedal and another one that I love and want to give some support to skreddy for designing it. 

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

angrykoko

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 24, 2014, 11:53:35 PM
Nice distressed enclosure :)

Thanks!  I wasn't stealing your style, this was a complete accident, was sanding out dust and bad paint and just kind of liked it.  the grey that's peeking through is just self etching primer.