News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BK Butler Tube Driver info

Started by ncdb07, March 23, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

Not sure where to post this so if it needs to be moved or removed altogether that's ok.

I am looking for a pcb to build a BK Butler Tube Driver. I can't find one anywhere. I understand they are out of production and most people say the original BK Butler Is the one to have not the Chandler version. I know there are a lot of talented people who do layouts on here and don't know if anyone is tackling this already or not.

This would be a project I would build for my Uncle. It's something I would like to do for him to surprise him. I have a ton of respect for him. He taught me my very first guitar chords over 20 years ago, something my stepfather was unwilling to do.

If there is an alternative, Like something that is very close I may be open to that. If it is impossible due to parts availability, unknown transformers, or you just don't like me or want to help that's cool as well. I could just tell him to save for the original.

Thanks in advance to anyone for any information you can provide!
ncdb07
Daniel

Mike B.

So, I don't think it's out of production. He still has a website and you can buy them from there -

http://www.butleraudio.com

However if you just want to DIY it (and that's what we do, right?), have a search over at freestompboxes.org. I seem to remember a huge thread over there with an etchable layout.

Haberdasher

i don't know of anything diy that is fabbed, but there is a bajaman project for it that i've etched before.  it's a bit of work, but do-able.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel