News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vector Elements for layouts and schematics

Started by bassybeats, March 19, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassybeats

Does anyone know if there is a good pack of vector elements to use in layout diagrams..? It looks MB use something like illustrator to draw up the layouts. Possibly schematic elements too.

flanagan0718

It seems that most of us here use a program called "Eagle". The layouts and schematics are created in this program. There are a bunch of tutorials in this forum on how to use it. You can also down load the library that Brian uses. Careful...it's very addictive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clayford

Do you mean this?
http://www.ontheroadeffects.com/vectorpack/

Boxes and Jacks pots etc can be done with that, and as mentioned Schematics and Circuit Design is best with Eagle or Diptrace. There are pluses and minuses to both. I have a feeling if Jacob or Ben would do a Diptrace video series I could have learned Diptrace. Jacob's Eagle tutorials are astounding and available right here on the forums.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

bassybeats

Yeah Eagle is fun. But i'm not a fan of using it on a Mac..Seems to crash all the time.

That vector pack is close/part of them (have now downloaded it!). Things like tagboardeffects things and point to point stuff. Where do they get the images of resistors and axials caps and all that..?

jkokura

Eagle is very stable for me on my Mac.

I won't use Diptrace. They haven't got a Mac version, and I don't do PCs. So, my Eagle tutorials are all you'll get from me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Stomptown

I am pretty sure the Tagboard layouts are created using something similar to this layout creator:

http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/

Leevibe

Quote from: jkokura on March 20, 2014, 02:00:14 AM
Eagle is very stable for me on my Mac.

I won't use Diptrace. They haven't got a Mac version, and I don't do PCs.

+1

bassybeats

Ah that program looks promising. I tend to do a lot of point to point and turret board stuff too. So being able to make up some layouts so I can document it for others is good. Examples are an EL34/EL84/6V6/6L6 etc tube matcher and Head Switcher.

Stomptown

Quote from: bassybeats on March 20, 2014, 02:50:13 AM
Ah that program looks promising. I tend to do a lot of point to point and turret board stuff too. So being able to make up some layouts so I can document it for others is good. Examples are an EL34/EL84/6V6/6L6 etc tube matcher and Head Switcher.

That would be great if you could share a project for a tube matcher!

bassybeats

I can always PM you some photos. Still got some diagnosing to do. Cant get the lcd's calibrated and get to 4pdt switch to change between the pairs of tubes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clayford

Quote from: Stomptown on March 20, 2014, 02:13:53 AM
I am pretty sure the Tagboard layouts are created using something similar to this layout creator:

http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/

This is correct. For tagboardeffects.com Mark uses v2 and Miro uses v3. After that it's all in the settings.v1 is what was used in all the old ones you see lying around on the internet. I have no idea where the verified stamp came from.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded