News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie with vibe mod

Started by AntKnee, March 19, 2014, 01:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Built my smoothie, added the vibe mod, per the layout below. I can't tell much difference besides one seems brighter than the other. Do I need to adjust the trimpot, or am I missing something?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

televisiondown

Yes! I did the same thing. Adjust the trimpot until the rise and fall sound even in phase mode. It's a very small area on the pot that phases. Hope it works out for you...I love my 45/vibe :D
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

AntKnee

Yeah, I thought I had it dialed in before I added the vibe mod. I should clarify that it does phase, but I cant reall tell the difference between vibe and phase except for a change in brightness. Is it a subtle difference or should it be very obvious?

fman7

Did the same mod myself.

It actually becomes a bit more alive if you make the bias pot an external control as well as add the mix control (from I think his name is 'philpot').

cheers

F

AntKnee

Also may be work mentioning that I used a matched pair of 2N5952 JFETS from GuitarPCB, not the listed 2N5457 on the build docs.

pryde

I did the same mod using stomptown's galacticon phase.

The difference was quite subtle really. I think the "vibe caps" sounded/phased a little better so I just put them in stock. I don't think it warrants enough difference to invest in a 4pdt switch to be honest.

G.G.

I just used a DPDT to switch between a 10n and 100n for C4, the difference is pretty distinct on mine.

AntKnee

Quote from: pryde on March 19, 2014, 02:47:21 PM
The difference was quite subtle really. I think the "vibe caps" sounded/phased a little better so I just put them in stock. I don't think it warrants enough difference to invest in a 4pdt switch to be honest.

I agree.
I'll leave the switch in since I went to the trouble, but I don't see the phase side of the switch getting used much.