News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler Fuzz DC Jack Help!!!

Started by phill122004, March 14, 2014, 05:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phill122004

Hey Guys,
I am building a Mangler Fuzz and am at the end of wiring. I do not want to use a 9v battery to power the pedal just a DC input. I cannot figure out how to wire the DC input to the pcb board. Does the tip of the DC input go into the -9v pcb slot? What about the other 2 sleeves on the DC input? Also I am using 2 mono 1/4" inputs (as I was told the stereo input is only necessary for battery wiring.)

Thanks in advanced!

DutchMF

Hey Phill, you'll need a roadrage board or similar to convert the +9V from your power supply to -9V for the mangler if you want to daisychain it with other pedals. Check the build doc for more details, it's on the first page. It should work with a dedicated supply, but I'm not sure how to wire that up, as I've never used a positive ground pedal that way......  ???

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

phill122004

Hey DutchMF,
Thanks for the response. I have a BBE Supacharger that has isolated power supply. I also have the capability of running reversed polarity with cables that came with the charger. I believe this would allow me to run the pedal in my chain, right?!? I still do not know if the tip of the dc jack goes to the -9v or if its supposed to go to ground. Any Ideas?!? Thanks again for the help!

phill122004

Here is a picture to help clear things up! let me know if you notice any problems.