Jonathan

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

not enough T&A
You have failed us, Juansolo

Bret608

...and as a result, we command you to A-B this with one of your all-mojo versions!  ;)

Seriously though, I've had the parts for a non-mojo Cherrybomb hanging around for way too long...must get it done...

midwayfair

That's nice. Who built it and who did the enclosure work?

;D

selfdestroyer

Clean and simple.. like it should be. Great job.

Cody

juansolo

Quote from: Bret608 on March 13, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
...and as a result, we command you to A-B this with one of your all-mojo versions!  ;)

Did that back when I built that one (which has the correct transistors in it). There's not much in it and I'm not sure what is in it isn't down to the perception that it *must* be different... We did A/B it before the trannies went in when it was just axials and carbon comps and couldn't tell the difference. With the trannies it seemed to get a little more sparkle. But for balance, the best sounding one of these, head and shoulders above all the others, was one we built for a friend. No mojo in it. But we should have taken it apart an measured everything to see why it was different before it went really... Ah well.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Yeah, that would have been really cool to see the difference quantified. There are so many variables at play that I can't think of another way to do it systematically.

I remember someone posting on the forum recently that C9 on the Cherrybomb layout is backwards compared to the original Sola Sound schematic. I wonder if there's anything to that?

eldanko

Surprised and slightly let down that you didn't add nipples to the bottom of the "R" in the Coloursound logo.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Kinki fuzz

juansolo

Quote from: eldanko on March 14, 2014, 06:35:59 PM
Surprised and slightly let down that you didn't add nipples to the bottom of the "R" in the Coloursound logo.

I let myself down with that one.

I'm particularly pleased with one I did today though. No nipples (indeed it couldn't possibly be any more SFW), but there's definitely a horn... When I asked the lad I did it for if he thought I'd gone too far, he suggested that you can never go too far ;)

There's nipples on another (though you can't really see them) and watersports (yes, the kind you're thinking of) on another. All done tastefully you understand.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk