News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BLMS... dislike the name, like the guy

Started by jkokura, March 12, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Quote from: jimilee on March 17, 2014, 03:16:48 PM
Awesome black powder coated bezels and enclosures now too!

I got that email too. Nice.

Wonder when he will start carrying pots?

rullywowr

Quote from: peAk on March 17, 2014, 04:04:59 PM

That would be epic.  More places to get right angle PCB Alpha 16mm pots would be nice. 
"Rats love my Rheostats"   8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

DutchMF

Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 17, 2014, 02:23:23 PM
This thread was a good one until someone brought up the notion that I should not be on here at work.

I am completely offended by that  ;D

Sorry 'bout that John, I guess you can during your lunchbreak, if the webfilters let you............  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

Quote from: peAk on March 17, 2014, 04:04:59 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 17, 2014, 03:16:48 PM
Awesome black powder coated bezels and enclosures now too!

I asked for the Bezels, and he got them (original point of the thread alert).

I have also asked for pots, so...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

I saw that. The black 125b enclosures look cool too
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Quote from: jimilee on March 17, 2014, 08:02:39 PM
I saw that. The black 125b enclosures look cool too

I ordered one. I'll let you know about the quality when I get it.

He also now offers First Class shipping (assuming the total weight is below the threshold) for a couple bucks less.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TNblueshawk

Quote from: DutchMF on March 17, 2014, 04:43:03 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 17, 2014, 02:23:23 PM
This thread was a good one until someone brought up the notion that I should not be on here at work.

I am completely offended by that  ;D

Sorry 'bout that John, I guess you can during your lunchbreak, if the webfilters let you............  ;)

Paul

Ha! I checked with my employer Paul and they said it was ok......ok no I didn't  :P
John

flanagan0718

You mean I'm actually supposed to work at work. That's ridicules. I will do no such thing.

TNblueshawk

Mike if you are like me you are so efficient that it is only because of said superhuman efficiency that we are able to carve out this extra time for our hobby.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with.
John

flanagan0718

Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 18, 2014, 04:35:50 PM
Mike if you are like me you are so efficient that it is only because of said superhuman efficiency that we are able to carve out this extra time for our hobby.

Yup! You hit the nail right on the head!

DutchMF

Damn, I've been doing something seriously wrong for the past 15 years.........  :'(

Paul

GermanCdn

I'd like to think it is my superhuman efficiency, however, the reality is probably closer to the bar being lowered to such a degree that it takes very little effort to exceed expectations nowadays (i.e. I'm typing this at work because it's a twiddling the thumbs day, I had about 3 times the average amount of work to get done then the rest of my co-workers, and I still managed to finish three months before the other 10).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 18, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

I'd like to think it is my superhuman efficiency, however, the reality is probably closer to the bar being lowered to such a degree that it takes very little effort to exceed expectations nowadays (i.e. I'm typing this at work because it's a twiddling the thumbs day, I had about 3 times the average amount of work to get done then the rest of my co-workers, and I still managed to finish three months before the other 10).

In all candor I find myself in a unique position and have been for about the last 3 years. For what I do and have been doing since 1988 from that point until 2011 roughly I was doomed, stressed and just overworked beyond words. Anyone that has sat on a claims desk knows what I mean. There was a period inbetween where I managed an office but that brought with it a whole different level of stress dealing with people/hire/fire kind of thing. I'm sort of a one man shop with this company. I cleaned up some stuff and bam now I have more time than I like. I really would like more to do but it doesn't work that way.

Sort of as an example it would be like say an accountant who is all caught up. He is a good worker so he goes looking for some more work to make his day go by. So he walks into legal and says how can I help. Well they look at him like he is nuts because he knows nothing about what they do. Or maybe from a blue collar perspective same dude is a brick mason. Gets done early everyday and goes over to the carpenter and says "hey, what can I help with" as he is quickly met with huh? You know nothing about carpentry. Heck I even asked my boss if he wanted to put on my goals learning a bit about what he does directly and I'd be happy to help. Never happened.

So yeah, the forums are stuck with me  :o
John

GrindCustoms

Quote from: culturejam on March 17, 2014, 01:51:02 PM
This thread got me all revved up to order from The Bitches, so when a promo email came in last night, I pulled the trigger.  Lawrence now has stickers as well (for only a penny!). I grabbed some stickers so I can post them at local bars and whatnot.

The product promo copy is brillian:

QuoteYou know what bitches love? Stickers.

You know what bitches love even more than stickers?

Bitches Love My Switches Stickers.

Haha!

And you made me make an order just because of the stickers....! hahaha

The 4PDT toggle switch where also really attractive... On/Off/On 4PDT toggle... might be able to finally switch the polarity of the earth!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

DutchMF

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 18, 2014, 07:54:28 PM
The 4PDT toggle switch where also really attractive... On/Off/On 4PDT toggle... might be able to finally switch the polarity of the earth!

If you do, give me heads up, so I can lift my feet!  ;D

Paul