News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Pedal Ideas

Started by electricb, March 12, 2014, 02:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricb

Hi guys,

Over the past few months, I've built a couple dual pedals, where I put two circuits on one PCB with the switching all on-board so that everything fits into a 1590BB with topmounted jacks and board-mounted pots. So far, I've done a Fulldrive/OCD, a King of Tone/Crunchbox, and a Cornish G2/SS2.  Anyway, I love these pedals and find them crazy versatile, and I have an extra drilled enclosure lying around so I was thinking of doing another one but I can't decide. I want to know what you guys think would be cool.

Off the top of my head, I was thinking of doing:

1. A Colorsound Power Boost (run at 18V via a charge pump) and a Big Muff. Gilmour seems to like this and I've always wanted to try the colorsound.
2. A Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz and RM Octavia to get my Jimi on.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

GrindCustoms

I really digged those layouts you did, the utility/ergonomy aspect of them is nice.

Maybe you would need to have couple more knobs, but a simple optical trem like the STM and a Phase45 or Ross OTA would be killer, with the rotary allowing the option of either one of the two effects or both in serie... so an A/B/Cascade switching setup.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

hoodoo

Looks like your dirt is covered mate, Bloviator/Delay is my suggestion. :)

danielgom3z

do you still have/sell the cornish ss2/g2 pcb?

electricb

I don't have anymore, but there has been some recent interest via PM. If there are more people who want one, I might consider doing an additional run!

mattlee0037

culturejam

A couple useful (to me) 2-in-1 ideas:

• Delay / Reverb
• Delay / Tremolo
• Fuzz / Phaser
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Russian

Offtopic question: does some of you have a tutorial for switching the order of dual pedals?
Thanks!!!!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: electricb on May 05, 2014, 02:02:31 AM
I don't have anymore, but there has been some recent interest via PM. If there are more people who want one, I might consider doing an additional run!

I would not mind another one. I built the one I bought from you but a friend snagged it. Maybe I will make him his own. Also side note, I am working on finishing the triple fuzz and the triple boost I got from you. They moved down my build list due to parts needed.

Cody

mattlee0037

Quote from: Russian on May 05, 2014, 03:23:03 AM
Offtopic question: does some of you have a tutorial for switching the order of dual pedals?
Thanks!!!!

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/Looper-Switcher/index.htm
It's at the bottom

Willybomb

I'm doing a Porkbarrel/SeaUrchin.  I'm working on a vero Equinox II that'll go with it, if I can get it to work...

Tremster

EP Booster & SHO for 1590A

playpunk

I want one of those Cornish double boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Clayford

A SHO into a SHO with a Master Volume on the 2nd SHO would be a rather easy 2 in 1. You might even call it a "su-pa 2-in-1" ;)
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Alaboogie

I'd take a cornish double board!