News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DAW users!?!?!

Started by peAk, March 11, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neve1272

i went from nuendo 2 to the latest cubase 7.5 i needed the new "beat detective drum editor" for a turd polishing project
interface is a motu 2408 and tascam dm 24 digital mixer
Kip

Vallhagen

...and i am using Sonar in my PC-based homestudio. I chose it by happenstance back in the early 00-s (the only guy i knew who were into home recording recommended it), and ive been stuck with it since then. Today i dont think its neither better nor worse than anything else; it does my job, i am comfortable with it... so i stay.

...its ben a few years since i recorded a full song in that digital world, some analog interest came inbetween 8).. a bunch is still on my old myspacepage: https://myspace.com/vallhagen/music/songs , not too bad after all:)

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Jabulani Jonny

Have been using a DAW since about 2002'ish.  Started in Nuendo, then moved to Cubase, then moved to Logic in 2006.  Logic is really intuitive IMO and I am very pleased with the sound I get from it.  At $200 for the latest version, it's a freakin' steal for a DAW.  Granted, you gotta have a Mac to run it.  I built a Hackintosh a few years ago for music/video/photo editing and it's been a beast.  A beast I tell ya. 

I also spend a good bit of time in Ableton for church stuff.  We run all of our clicks, cues and loops from Ableton so I'm in it a couple hours each week.  I don't do much audio recording in it though. 
Jonathan

peterc

Protocols since v2.......  Those were scary times.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

slimtriggers

Reaper mostly.  Although lately my needs are even more simple and I've just been using Audacity.  Samson C01U stuck in the center of my speaker.  About as easy as it gets.

If I need drums I use EZDrummer or BFD Eco.  Both of these drum VST's are heavily discounted during sales throughout the year-esp during Black Friday.  I think I got EZDrummer for $79 and BFD for around $30.  Be patient and score a good deal.  EZDrummer expansion packs also go on sale a lot.  The Nashville one is especially good, IMHO.

If I need bass, I plug into a Pod Studio GX and record direct. 

madbean

This thread reminded me that I also have Audtion. It was bundled with my (now) ancient Adobe CS2 Production Suite. It is a good editor with some cool features.

Micpoc

Started with Cubase, switched to Logic 9. Haven't used Logic X yet.

chromesphere

Quote from: raven174us on March 11, 2014, 05:48:26 PM
I've been using Cool Edit and Adobe Audition since the mid 90's. I can't bring myself to update to anything newer. But I guess I've always kind of been stuck in the 90's lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

^ Exactly the same with me Raven! :D
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Yeah, I use Audition all the time.  It's Edit View is really useful and it has some nice stat functions.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Pro Tools or no tools.

blearyeyes

Atari 1040 ST with Steinberg 24..haha yea I'm an old fart...  then Pro-tools 1.1.. with Cuebase for midi locked with MIDI Timecode.. Stayed with Pro-tools doing audio post for 15 years and then over to Logic for scoring before Apple bought it. Now I use Logic Pro, one son has a Cuebase rig (heavy metal) and the other uses FT Studio and Native Instruments Complete. I have a happy house!  :P

peAk

So what do we have here?

Cubase/Nuendo, Ableton, Cool Edit/Audition, Logic, Pro Tools, Audacity, FL Studio, Reaper, Garage Band, Studio One, Sonar

Definitely a diverse crowd!

raulduke

Quote from: lincolnic on March 12, 2014, 02:36:38 AM
Pro Tools or no tools.

You might be no tools very soon if Avid continue the way they are going  :D

Willybomb

Started with Samplitude in 97 or so, moved onto n-Track, currently using Reaper, since about... dunno 200x.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: raulduke on March 12, 2014, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: lincolnic on March 12, 2014, 02:36:38 AM
Pro Tools or no tools.

You might be no tools very soon if Avid continue the way they are going  :D

Quoted for truth!

I moved to Logic Pro once Pro Tools went open with audio interfaces. It really introduced more problems and ran very unstable for me at least.

Cody