DAW users!?!?!

Started by peAk, March 11, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Quote from: raulduke on March 12, 2014, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: lincolnic on March 12, 2014, 02:36:38 AM
Pro Tools or no tools.

You might be no tools very soon if Avid continue the way they are going  :D

Actually, it's Avid's video division that's having trouble - from what I read, their audio arm is still doing okay.

For better or worse, Pro Tools isn't going anywhere for a long time. It's too entrenched in too many studios (like everywhere I work) to disappear overnight, even if Avid suddenly went out of business tomorrow.

jkokura

I tried a Pro Tools Demo when I had M-Audio stuff. I also used Cubase for a whole album.

I LOVE Studio One. Can't say enough about it, and the Pro version is currently %50 off for the month of march. That is a non-regret purchase.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

peAk

Quote from: jkokura on March 12, 2014, 11:47:42 PM
I tried a Pro Tools Demo when I had M-Audio stuff. I also used Cubase for a whole album.

I LOVE Studio One. Can't say enough about it, and the Pro version is currently %50 off for the month of march. That is a non-regret purchase.

Jacob

Aren't the Studio One guys old Steinberg guys?

jkokura

Yeah, I've been told that they were the initial people behind Cubase, but I wouldn't say that Studio One is very Cubase like. I believe that they were hired by Presonus, who wanted to get into the DAW game, and they hired some good people. The system they've designed was built around the newer 64 bit systems with multi cores and all that stuff. I've read it really put the gears to the big guys (Pro Tools, Logic) because they were still operating with bloated programs designed for much earlier Computer systems and then adapted to new technology. Long and short, because Studio One was designed from the ground up recently, they've had a lot of advantages over the other systems.

People who like Midi still seem to like Logic. Pro Tools tends to dominate the market because of it's use in the pro studios, but for my money, the home studio scene was greatly improved by Studio One, even if it forced the other DAWs to step up and make redesigning a priority for the new Computer systems available.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

peAk

Yeah, I am still a die hard Cubase fan and been using it forever. I know the dongle sucks for some people and other people think it's bloated but I actually love a lot of the stuff they have added and 7.5 is rock stable on my machine. Chord track is an amazing tool.

And as far as M-Audio, that is still the audio interface I use. The Delta 66 with Omni Studio. It's pci but I made sure my new motherboard had a pci slot because I love this thing. Unfortuantely, doesn't look like M-Audio is putting W8 drivers out for it. Not a big deal now because I am still W7 but I will probably have to upgrade at some point.

peAk

madbean

Got my stands yesterday. Ready for demo carnage.

peAk

awesome!

I have some almost identical to those but they aren't adjustable  :(

Leevibe

Quote from: madbean on March 13, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Sweet! Are those a stupid deal of the day buy?

madbean

Quote from: Leevibe on March 13, 2014, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: madbean on March 13, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Sweet! Are those a stupid deal of the day buy?

No, I got them off Amazon. I think they were $70? Much cheaper than some of the ones on Sweetwater.

peAk

pickdropper

Sound Anchors make nice stands if you enjoy spending money.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Those look great for the price. Lots of good reviews is always a good thing. I like Ultimate Support stuff.