News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC ship to Canada?

Started by davent, March 10, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Hello, Put some parts into the cart at BYOC and tried to get a shipping estimate for Canada, the page shows a box for Country then a box for State/Province. Canada doesn't show up in the list of countries and the second box contains no provinces plus you can't type them in. Do i need to go further in the checkout process to find Canada or have we been blacklisted?
(Tried it through a couple different browser.)

Thanks,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

IIRC, they have a distributor setup in Canada for kits, and therefore, the direct sales option doesn't show up in their shopping page.  That being said, if you want to buy just the PCBs, I'm assuming if you dropped them an email, they'd hook you up, as I don't think their distributors carries just the boards.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

I believe, Axeandyoushallreceive(?) down near here carries them and Brian Dugay was the assembler for prefinished kits, not sure whether he's still doing that...

... was looking for individual IC's- CA3080's, knobs and bits, haven't checked the kits or pcb pages yet.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

How many 3080's (8 pin DIP) do you need?  I think I've got 16 or so lying around.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

Thanks very much for the offer Curtis! I do have a couple on hand but was looking way way down the road to a possible project so for the time being... i'm good, but if this ever does see the light of day i may need to check back in with you.
Thanks again!
dave

davent

Was looking around somemore at BYOC and a chat box popped up so asked what's up...

?Canada is not listed in the country list i see for Estimate Shipping and Tax, are we out of luck up here for ordering parts?

Nick:
basically, unless you use smallbear or mammoth or mouser

Nick:

Nick: as for kits, you can get them from axeandyoushallreceive.com
?Thanks Nick

Nick:
you are very welcome

So it appears very limited number of countries they'll ship parts to. Odd...

jkokura

I think it has to do with customs and shipping costs.

What are you wanting Dave?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

Hi Jacob, I was just looking around at different pricing for CA3080's and theirs are cheaper then Small Bear so wanted to see what the shipping might be. Now this was all more out of curiosity then anything else, window shopping for a possible, very in-the-distant future build. Have a few of the IC's on hand and haven't been to Toronto in a while to check the stores there so no need of more anytime soon. Thanks for the interest Jacob!

dave