News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is there an existing PCB for a standalone step sequencer?

Started by culturejam, March 06, 2014, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Probably not, but I thought I'd check with "the world" first.  ;D

This is the sort of utility board that I would get some mileage out of for testing/breadboarding.  And it could be a good product for someone (hint, hint) to offer.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

karter2000

I have one from a project found on the web. I can PM you the details if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peAk

lincolnic

Wasn't the Dig Dug 2 going to be something like this?

raulduke

Quote from: lincolnic on March 07, 2014, 04:01:23 AM
Wasn't the Dig Dug 2 going to be something like this?

Yes it was. Was really stoked about that one.

I fear it may have disappeared into the aether though :'(

madbean

The DD2 is going to have the option of an additional output to drive another effect. Forrest, I'll send you one of the proto PCBs if you want...I have an extra. Plus, it is tap tempo :)

This one has been off the radar for a while but not cancelled.

micromegas

Quote from: madbean on March 07, 2014, 12:56:10 PM
The DD2 is going to have the option of an additional output to drive another effect. Forrest, I'll send you one of the proto PCBs if you want...I have an extra. Plus, it is tap tempo :)

This one has been off the radar for a while but not cancelled.

I'm eager to see this working.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

culturejam

Cool, thanks Brian.  8)

There are several small "utility" boards that are (or would be)  handy to have. I've done my own LFO board, but I should probably make a few more for the things I use regularly when testing new ideas on the bread board.

madbean

Also, EHX has that one and it is pretty cheap. I've seen them for around $80 used.

http://www.ehx.com/products/8-step-program

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

My god!  ;D

I'm looking for something a bit simpler and more compact. Probably 4 steps would do it.

davent

Yeah... my gut feeling was they were just a wee bit excessive but hey- you never know...
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

raulduke

Quote from: culturejam on March 07, 2014, 02:53:52 PM
Cool, thanks Brian.  8)

There are several small "utility" boards that are (or would be)  handy to have. I've done my own LFO board, but I should probably make a few more for the things I use regularly when testing new ideas on the bread board.

I'm interested in this too.

I've already laid out some 'breadboard friendly' modules for prototyping purposes.

So far done things like buffers, PSU supply, LFO, simple booster stages etc.

CJ; It would be cool for thoughts on what other things would be useful to do.

atreidesheir

Have you considered the modules from the Beavis Armageddon processor?  A couple of them might be useful and maybe not too over the top for you.  His sequencer is not too bad looking.
http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/ArmageddonProcessor/
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

alanp

When I get my heavy water (Infinitphase) project going, I'll have to mess with the LFO/Sequencer portion for awhile -- 9 step sequencer, LFO tweakable to less steps/weirdness. Especially as it runs on +- 15volts, good for the synth I wanna build someday :)

More seriously, if a 16 stage sequencer is released to the Mad Bean standard of quality, I'd be highly interested.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website