News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

stripboard projects

Started by aran.e666, March 04, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

Mirosol and John Kallas also do great work on Mark's site...

aran.e666

Also I thought of a cool idea. As I maks some solder bridges, I put a perm marker in each hole ( accept for rhe cut outs) and link all the holes up with more pen but reall thin lines and then I etch it in ammonium pperchlorate  (think thats the name) and so whem I solder it stays on the circles but I still cant think of why my pedal makes the weird noise but plays. Any ideas?  Also il consider sending a sound sample if im not describing it right
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

aran.e666

Thanks guys any ideas on why tmy bazz fuss cuircuit makes that noise?

flanagan0718

Need pictures and the layout you used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willybomb

Paulinthelab has a few good ones too.  I've had no issues with Sabrotone, but I've had the occasional fail with Tagboard.  That probably doesn't mean anything, it's probably me.

aran.e666

Ok p.s the circuit im talking about is bazz fuss

aran.e666

aran.e666

Also my layout is slightly different to the origional as I made it double the size

muddyfox

I'm not really following.. why do you need those solder bridges?  ???

aran.e666

Sorry there actually  not solder bridges as the arnet touching anything like I say it still plays but really bad sounding

muddyfox

so on the left side of the picture... the row second to last has two components separated by a cut. then you connect both of them via solderbridges to the left last column which effectively connects them and bridges the cut. Also, rows 4 and 6 seem to be connected via row5. They seem to be real solderbridges. Is this on purpose?

aran.e666

No I think its just an illusion as its defo not connected

DutchMF

Did you confirm that with a DMM? Looking at those pics, I can only concur with muddyfox that there are a number of places where a solder bridge is at least suspected...... Measure twice, cut once!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

flanagan0718

I am wondering why you doubled the amount of rows in the layout. I usually stick with the layout and modify the values. Another tip is to run your soldering iron tip down the row dividers. This should help with unwanted bridges. I also run a razor down them just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aran.e666

Thanks guys yes ive checked it countless times with a dmm etc but I doubled the size as because I am new to cero, I have a cheap soldering iron so it iz very hard to solder in those tight spaces