News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I hate......

Started by raven174us, March 03, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven174us

Waiting on the parts I ordered to come in.  :( I'm stuck and can not work on any projects till my orders come in. I'm like a kid waiting by the window watching for the post man.  :D
Jason

Leevibe

What stinks more? Waiting or troubleshooting?

I hate:

- Getting an order sent off and realizing that one part I forgot to order
- Being all excited about a new parts find and discovering the parts are crap. (Happened last week with some switches)
- Stopping to eat or pee in the middle of a build
- Being cranky because I waited too long to eat because I was in the middle of a build

raven174us

Quote from: Leevibe on March 03, 2014, 11:59:47 PM

I hate:

- Being all excited about a new parts find and discovering the parts are crap. (Happened last week with some switches)
- Being cranky because I waited too long to eat because I was in the middle of a build

Haha, I'm still new to building pedals so I haven't got to experience all the fun that comes with it yet. But I'm already the type that doesn't like to stop to eat or pee and get very cranky from not eating. I sure hope I don't get any crappy parts from my orders. But I'm expecting it since I've read some bad reviews about Tayda on here. This is my 2nd order from them. I'm also waiting on PCB's from Chromesphere and parts from PPP. 
Jason

Leevibe

Ha! Welcome to the mania. I haven't used Tayda but I've bought a lot of stuff from PPP and they're pretty decent in my opinion. The waiting is part of the ritual!!

raven174us

Thanks. With these orders I should have enough parts to hold me over for a few builds. I'm going to try to keep a few builds here at a time and order when I get to my last one.
Jason

selfdestroyer

Quote from: raven174us on March 04, 2014, 12:32:22 AM
Thanks. With these orders I should have enough parts to hold me over for a few builds. I'm going to try to keep a few builds here at a time and order when I get to my last one.

I can't tell you how many times I have said that and still put in an order under a week later. lol Get used to it, its part of the addiction.

Cody

atreidesheir

Quote from: Leevibe on March 03, 2014, 11:59:47 PM

I hate:

Troubleshooting is hateful.  I loathe it.  I like things to work.  How dare those parts not overcome my inadequacies.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

I hate placing a big order with Tayda the day before the discount code comes out.

I really hate having the discipline to wait until the discount code comes out, placing the big order and then forget to put the code in. Yes I did that. Man I tick myself off sometimes!  >:(

Govmnt_Lacky

I actually don't mind the troubleshooting! I have a ritual that I perform with EVERY build that keeps debugging down to almost nil however, every once in a while a problem comes along and I accept the challenge.

What I DO hate is when you debug until you get to the point where it becomes a rebuild or it is chalked up to a bad layout or design. Its the tunnel with no light at the end.  :-\

raven174us

Quote from: billstein on March 04, 2014, 01:03:30 AM
I hate placing a big order with Tayda the day before the discount code comes out.

I really hate having the discipline to wait until the discount code comes out, placing the big order and then forget to put the code in. Yes I did that. Man I tick myself off sometimes!  >:(
That sounds like something I would do. lol
Jason

chromesphere

Sorry its taking a while raven, we are at the whim of the international postage system :( rest assure when you place an order I do my best to get them posted as quickly as possible.  I hate waiting for stuff as well.  OSHPark orders take soooo long to get here.  I think customs must see the purple envelope and go "hmmm, what is that!?" :)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

raven174us

No need to be sorry, Last time I ordered from you, it got here before Tayda. And I ordered them on the same day!
It did take OSHPark forever to get me the sound2lights but it was well worth it! I can't wait to design my own board.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Jason

peAk

I hate boxing and realizing it isn't going to fit

gordo

Haha, I'm still new to building pedals so I haven't got to experience all the fun that comes with it yet.

Trust me...the dog and I both get yelled at by the wife for nose prints on the front door.  Only difference is that he wants to bite the UPS guy and I just want him to show up with my stuff.  And I've been doing this since we had to carve our own transistors out of wood.

Hopefully the excitement never wears off.  You'll take a few beatings from time to time getting your chops together but just like playing an instrument: the more time and effort you put into it...the easier it gets to do well.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

aballen

I hate buying a pile of 0603 SMD parts only to realize I ordered .0603 mm not inches.... case size actually 0201... And there is no way I can use them.  I can barely see them