News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hoodoo Drive

Started by playpunk, March 03, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Here is a Hoodoo Drive. Currently residing on a board of a local guitarist/worship leader/college student.

][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/23187848@N07/10861692134/]
DSC02392 by andrewbrautigam, on Flickr[/url]

][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/23187848@N07/10861541115/]
DSC02393 by andrewbrautigam, on Flickr[/url]

I really like this drive. I need to get it back and give it a run with my new ac4. Once I  pick up my mic and an interface, well maybe I'll start posting some crappy demos.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

playpunk

jkokura

Yeah, I like it too.

How does your friend like it?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

The blue and orange look great together.

Cody

playpunk

Quote from: jkokura on March 03, 2014, 10:57:59 PM
Yeah, I like it too.

How does your friend like it?

Jacob

I think he likes it. He plays at a different church, so I don't get to hear him, or even talk to him, that frequently.

Thanks for the comments! I got those knobs with that enclosure in mind.

gordo

Isn't it whacked how the current "praise band" has evolved into a sort of prime time entity?  The band I play with is probably one of the finest I've ever played in (including the bar days) and yet we all seem to use a lot of pedals because you have to cover SO much territory.  I find myself doing the same thing though...building a lot of pedals that spend most of their time in "service".
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

playpunk

Yeah it is interesting for sure. I think it is cool that guys who play in church care so much about what they do, but it does get a bit excessive.

I have lots of flavors, all DIY, which I use in church. Our band, unfortunately, is not that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanp

Playpunk, that's some nice simplicity :)

As for music at my church -- for the last two or three decades, the music team has been my Dad with an acoustic guitar, no effects (or amp, just a Boss DI box), and two or three singers. It's only when I play (and I'm not on sound desk instead) that effects are there :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

Yeah, I think even Mainline churches that have been traditionally Organ or Piano only are beginning to see a bit of newer stuff come through. The Evangelical Protestant churches and the Chrasmatic churches have had a fairly 'band' approach to music for decades now.

I remember in the 90's when some big Toronto churches started paying their musicians regular gig rates for playing during services...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Jabulani Jonny

I have to say, over the years I've played in bars, coffee houses and decent sized festival stages.  Currently I play 3 Sundays a month for our church, with two services on Sunday morning, each of which may have 400-600 people.  It's the absolute best ongoing musical experience I've ever had.  Part of that is due to the level of musicianship within the band(s), but the other part is the music.  I love the music we play and the sincere level of emotion that goes with it.  The congregation is right there with you and there is a real sense that you're fulfilling your purpose.  It's not a "hey look at me!" mentality, but a "hey look at Him!".  When everyone is on the same page and the musicality is what's helping promote that, that is a powerful moment.  I love it.

Also, the hours fit my schedule perfectly.   ;D ;D  No staying out until 2 AM for a drunk crowd that would rather listen to the jukebox.  I'd say it's a win-win! ;)
Jonathan

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on March 04, 2014, 04:56:08 PM

I remember in the 90's when some big Toronto churches started paying their musicians regular gig rates for playing during services...

Jacob
Sometimes that would have been nice for sure.  There were times I was driving three hours round trip to make practice and service, twice a week.

I actually got a bit of flack for bringing too much gear to church on a regular basis.  Maybe it was that time I brought a full rack of guitars for a two service set.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.