News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first 100% perfect tone transfer :)

Started by Gledison, March 01, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hello everyone!
After trying different methods and getting "ok" results i decided to go back to magazine paper an reduce the iron temperature! On the instructions ive seen, people turn the iron heat all the way up! Maybe my iron is powerful :P, but i have to use only 50 % of the heating.
After 5 min ironing, voila, a perfect transfer!
Sorry, juat want to share my happiness with you folks!
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

LaceSensor

Congratulations. Yes it will vary by the iron but generally around 300* is correct I think
On my iron its the cotton setting, IIRC

jubal81

Ha, I know how that feels. I've always had trouble with toner transfer and when you get a good one it feels great.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

Awesome! Stick with those parameters from here on out.

PhiloB

billstein

Looks great. It's such a good feeling to pull off whatever material you've used to transfer the toner and see perfection. Congratulations.

You are now ready for the release of all Bean's etch projects. :)

selfdestroyer

Congratulations, thats looks great. I am glad you got a system that works for you with great results.

Cody

Gledison

Heheh! I didnt know you fellows would leave such nice comments! I guess every etcher been there!
The cool thing is that even the magazine paper i used came out by itself on the water, no scrubing needed! Uhuuuu!
Will order a year abonement if that magazine:P
Cheers

haveyouseenhim

Nice dude!  I go to the music shop every now and then to steal a few copies of 'wood & steel' magazine because that paper works great for me.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

Gledison

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 02, 2014, 10:41:25 AM
Nice dude!  I go to the music shop every now and then to steal a few copies of 'wood & steel' magazine because that paper works great for me.
eheheh.The one i've its a monthly magazine for chemical processeses :P
I think that is the problem why so many people get annoyed by the etching process. Its dependent on toner type, paper, iron, etc..
thas why now im sticking with this method foreeeeeeeeeever!!!
Cheers

jetblackelectrics

Please share your entire process. Always on the lookout for the perfect transfer :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Nice! I could never get anything but press n peel to work. Time to bust some drill bits!

billstein

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 02, 2014, 10:41:25 AM

I use the paper from West Ways a free AAA magazine I get every month. I'll probably never stop being a AAA member because I use that paper so much.

Gledison

Quote from: jetblackelectrics on March 03, 2014, 08:37:30 AM
Please share your entire process. Always on the lookout for the perfect transfer :-)
Hey man! i can share with you, no problem.
The only problem i see is that the process is very dependent on different factors such as paper, toner, iron temperature...to say some...
For me what worked the best was :
magazine paper (a little thicker than playboy ones :P)
toner (Lexmark lazerprint, at maximum print density)
iron (Tefal prima plus, 2000W, adjusted on "silk")
I tranferred the toner by adjusting the paper to the size of the pcb and leting the hot iron on the top of it for 2 minutes.
After that,i started ironing on the edges using the tip of the iron and pressing in order to fix it on the edges. this took around 3 minutes. AFter that i pressed the iron down (body pressure here) for about 1 minute.
I let it cool down at room temperature and after that i throw it on the sink containing cold water and 3 drops of liquid detergent.
The paper came out without effort (i think that here it really depends on what kind of paper u use).
if you need more information PM me..
cheers and good luck

Jabulani Jonny

That's just so awesome.  I have to say that it's either too daunting of a task or I'm too lazy, to do the transfer process.  Probably the latter.   8)
Jonathan