News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My very first build! Bazz Fuzz 1590A

Started by raven174us, February 28, 2014, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven174us

This is my very first pedal build. It's a simple Bazz Fuzz/7 Min fuzz from Chromesphere. I decided to try it in a 1590A. I didn't have any problems with it and it was fun to build. I ended up giving it to my buddy for his birthday.
Jason

selfdestroyer

Epic first build raven174us.. You did a great job on the wiring and placement of everything. I am looking forward to your builds to come.

Welcome to the addiction.
Cody

raven174us

Thank you! I've been lurking on the boards for a while and have been doing a lot of reading before building it. Also watching Chromesphere's videos have helped a lot. I ordered his Classic Boost, and Ember Drive that I'll be starting soon. I'm also building a Big Daddy and waiting on parts for the Dr. Boogie/Chunk Chunk. I have a feeling I will end up building more pedals then I'll ever use. lol

Jason
Jason

selfdestroyer

Quote from: raven174us on February 28, 2014, 09:03:57 PM
Thank you! I've been lurking on the boards for a while and have been doing a lot of reading before building it. Also watching Chromesphere's videos have helped a lot. I ordered his Classic Boost, and Ember Drive that I'll be starting soon. I'm also building a Big Daddy and waiting on parts for the Dr. Boogie/Chunk Chunk. I have a feeling I will end up building more pedals then I'll ever use. lol

Jason

Yup, that's how it starts. Enjoy every minute of it.

billstein

I KNOW I will end up building more pedals then I'll ever use. lol

Jason

Corrected it for you. :)

I look at my pile of pedals and think "What the heck!" Then head into the garage to build more. Why? Because I can and because I obviously think having any extra money in my bank account would be a horrible thing.

Oh... Great first build.

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on February 28, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

Jason

I look at my pile of pedals and think "What the heck!" Then head into the garage to build more. Why? Because I can and because I obviously think having any extra money in my bank account would be a horrible thing.

Oh... Great first build.
This. I enjoy building them for my guitar player. He makes then sound way better than I ever could.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raven174us

Quote from: billstein on February 28, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

Jason

Oh... Great first build.

Thanks for the correction.  ;) Luckily for me. I have friends wanting builds also. So I will get to build pedals I won't have money in and will make a few bucks to put in other builds.  ;D
Jason

lincolnic

I've been building stuff for almost four years and this puts some of my builds to shame. Nice work.

raven174us

Thank you! :) You all know how to make a guy feel special.  :-[
Jason

pickdropper

Great start, Raven.  Nothing like a good 1590a. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

VERY impressive! Man, I wish my first build looked that nice. You've obviously done your research "lurking" the forum and it has paid off! Can't wait to see more!

Hexjibber

Excellent first build man, looks great!

raven174us

Thanks!! To be honest I'm a little OCD and I wasn't fully happy with the way the wiring turned out. I think I could have made it cleaner around the switch. I let it go since it was my first build.
I just need to figure out how to make pedals more appealing. I've been reading and trying to find what I will be able to do on a budget.
Thank you all again for all the encouragement.  ;D
Jason

atreidesheir

Nice polish on that one.  great job.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

raven174us

Thank you. I was going to buff it out to more of a mirror finish but after sanding on it with a fine sandpaper I liked how it turned out.
Jason