News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

how do I set sweep on weener?(Solved)

Started by danwelsh, February 27, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys, I have my weener working but noticed my sweep isn't all that great. How do I set this properly?...or do I need a different icar. I tested it on my dmm and it measured at 89.4k at wide open. I used an old vox one I had.

jimilee

What did you use in q1?  What inductor did you use?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

I used a 2n5088 in q1 and I used the terrible toroid for my inductor.....maybe I have to rotate the inductor do I?

jimilee

Did you measure resistance across the inductor? I used the continuity setting and one set I had continuity and one set of pins I had resistance. That's the side I soldered into the circuit.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

Quote from: jimilee on February 27, 2014, 03:26:54 PM
Did you measure resistance across the inductor? I used the continuity setting and one set I had continuity and one set of pins I had resistance. That's the side I soldered into the circuit.

I did measure it jimi but I'm not sure which is continuity and which is resistance as my continuity setting is at the same setting as the 2000 ohm one on my dmm.....would I use the lower reading? and solder those 2 pins towards the circuit?

jimilee

You don't have a beep when there's continuity and no beep when there's not? It's usually the diode setting.

danwelsh

Quote from: jimilee on February 27, 2014, 04:00:48 PM
You don't have a beep when there's continuity and no beep when there's not? It's usually the diode setting.

no. there's no beeper on my dmm....if I measure the resistance of the 2 pins going to the circuit with the pedal off....how much should it read?

jimilee

Good question. What do your leads measure if you just touch them together? The wrong leads should measure the same

danwelsh

okay gimme an hour.....I'm at the docs office right now. will check when I get home....so if I touch the leads together on my dmm on the continuity setting, then on the inductor, the inductor ones that are the same shouldnt be connected to the circuit?

danwelsh

okay, i flipped it 90 degrees, and had no wah whatsoever, just volume swells, so i put it back the way it was and have wah but it seems as only half of my icar is making it wah....with my toe all the way to the floor i get nice loud wah but when i rock it back to the heel it only wahs for half way or a bit better, and when i rock it all the way back....i get no sound at all coming through....bad icar pot?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: danwelsh on February 27, 2014, 01:31:31 PM
Hi guys, I have my weener working but noticed my sweep isn't all that great. How do I set this properly?

Sorry man but......

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES WITH THIS!  ;D  ::)

Clayford

I'm assuming you've adjusted the pot on the treadle?
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

danwelsh

Quote from: Clayford on February 27, 2014, 06:41:32 PM
I'm assuming you've adjusted the pot on the treadle?

I actually just finished adjusting it......was my problem all along. ill mark this as solved. thanks for the help guys :)